Thoughts on the deal?

• Good deal for the Leafs; Poor deal for Nylander

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Ok, I'm over Willy waiting till the last second to sign, he's here now and I'm pumped!! hopefully he gets back to action Thursday, we shall see! Looking forward to a whole lot of this....
7L59.gif

That is just FILTHY smooth. Can't wait to see him back!

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That is just FILTHY smooth. Can't wait to see him back!

you can almost see him calculating the 3 or 4 moves ahead there. Like when he first gets the puck in his mind is like "ok break shaws ankle here and the 2 habs players will run into each other over there and then I pass it off"

Reactions: Leaf4Life

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
you can almost see him calculating the 3 or 4 moves ahead there. Like when he first gets the puck in his mind is like "ok break shaws ankle here and the 2 habs players will run into each other over there and then I pass it off"

LOL..he's playing chess while their playing checkers..

ArtRoss

Jun 25, 2004
I think Kadri will be the casualty of the trio signing us up to the cap. Sad as it is...

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Ehh - As much as I appreciate the support, I don't think too many of the people who disagree with Dubas here want Nylander to get traded, I think they just look at this as a GM tying a hand behind his back and "making promises he can't keep". I don't view his comments that way, and I really do see nothing wrong with telling a 22-year-old player like Willy that they're in the long-term plans and wont be used as trade-fodder, but - especially in a market like Toronto - I can see why people are wary of what gets said to the media. Print has a long memory.
Which is fine but I maintain is stupid. If he were to get traded then we can open the can of worms. But it makes no sense given that our gm has explicitly stated he won't get traded. Don't see why I wouldn't place value on that given he literally decided who to trade and who not to.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
As good as we've been this year, it's amazing how many times I've come away from games thinking, 'Wow, we really could've used Willy tonight." So excited to see this team at full force - We're gonna be such a juggernaut.

I have had the same thoughts but during games when they play half-asleep but at the end of the day, they only have 8 losses. This team seems to be able to turn it up a notch when they need a goal.

Reactions: IBeL34f

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Which is fine but I maintain is stupid. If he were to get traded then we can open the can of worms. But it makes no sense given that our gm has explicitly stated he won't get traded. Don't see why I wouldn't place value on that given he literally decided who to trade and who not to.
The people I was talking to took issue with the idea of Dubas' statement in the first place, not whether or not he means it. Their stance is, "Why make a commitment you don't need to?" which - while I don't see the harm in this particular scenario, given that it's in regards to a player like Nylander - is totally valid.
I think he was mostly just looking out for the comfort and security of his young player (and maybe just stating the obvious a bit) but I understand where the argument comes from.
I agree, though - Not much point getting too riled up about it until we need to. But that there ever may be a need to is what I think has some other people disapproving, and that's fair enough, I suppose.
I have had the same thoughts but during games when they play half-asleep but at the end of the day, they only have 8 losses. This team seems to be able to turn it up a notch when they need a goal.
We're already such a force, it's gonna be ridiculous when we're actually firing on all cylinders.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad