Speculation: Nylander contract talk (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
Just pay the kid his 7-7.3 mil he’s earned. You can’t expect these guys to take pay cuts those no guarantee of a Stanley cup. Also we didnt go through the trails and tribulations they did. And why the **** did the PA accept a hard cap. Teams should be able to go over a pay a penalty X2 of what u spend over the cap. Very weak PA, first they should be forcing a second team in the GTA to generate ample amount of profit for the league
He's earned 7.3 million? Just how is that being arrived at?

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Two years ago, would Filip Forsberg have fetched Nylander and Marner?

Same answer here.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
He would have HAD to make 13M at some point, in order to consider 11M a paycut..................he never made 13M it was just an offer...hence no paycut.

Are you illiterate? You literally just contradicted yourself.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I think Mittlestadt has a good chance of ending up better than W. Nylander in the end, so I probably wouldn't do this if I were Buffalo.

Middelstadt put up not very impressive numbers in college in his D+1 season. Nylander was a PPG player in the SHL and close to a PPG player in the AHL in his D+1 season.

Middelstadt is nothing more an overhyped prospect because of a couple of WJC games.

I wouldn't want the leafs to touch this deal.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Imagine another team actually calling on Nylander.

Hey, dumb gm, I know how you could have either gotten him for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick or force the Leafs to pay him way more than they want to and wreck their whole plan for Marner and Matthews.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
Toronto adds in a W Nylander for Mittelstadt trade. Considering contract, A Nylander might provide better value than Willie soon...

Makes no sense for Toronto since they should go for it this year. And Buffalo will need Casey and Alex in 19/20 when we’re approaching the playoff bubble.

Levels of delusion I didn't think possible even on HFboards.

Reactions: kevrondl

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Hey, dumb gm, I know how you could have either gotten him for a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round pick or force the Leafs to pay him way more than they want to and wreck their whole plan for Marner and Matthews.

Yet, surprisingly, no other GM is as bright as you.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
is there a team that could reasonably offersheet nylander. a team that:

1) has a need
2) cap space (8 mil a year)
3) competative (not giving away a potential 1st overall)

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Wouldn't trade Mitts for Nylander straight up considering contract status. Cost controlled assets are valuable for both of these teams with the money guys like Matthew's and Dahlin will require. Expect Mittlestadt to be as good or better then Nylander in their primes, but even if he never ends up that good we at least get a couple years before needing to allocate big dollars to the 2/3C spot.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Just pay the kid his 7-7.3 mil he’s earned. You can’t expect these guys to take pay cuts those no guarantee of a Stanley cup. Also we didnt go through the trails and tribulations they did. And why the **** did the PA accept a hard cap. Teams should be able to go over a pay a penalty X2 of what u spend over the cap. Very weak PA, first they should be forcing a second team in the GTA to generate ample amount of profit for the league
There is never a guarantee of a cup. How has he "earned" 7-7.3? everyone agrees that he is not as good as Pasta in Boston. Hockey Future's favorite past time was pointing out Nylanders playoff performances. Now he has earned 7-7.3 million? More like 5.7-6 million with Ehlers as his closest comparable; both have performed poorly in the playoffs. . I hope that the Leafs are stinking to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Confucius

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Anyways Dubas gave a radio interview today.

"Based on the fact that there is clearly a difference of opinion between you and the Nylander camp, is a bridge the only way you can get this done?

Dubas:
I don’t think so. I think that that has been what a lot of people have been intimating — that that’s the only way it does get done. I think their camp has been focused on a long-term deal and ours as well. I think a bridge for both of us would probably be the sub-optimal solution to this. We continue to work primarily on long-term deals with Lewis, and he has been excellent in getting back to us and sharing his philosophy and how he does it.

That is really our goal. Our goal is to keep this group together as long as we can and sustain this thing moving out and allow this group the best chance to contend year in and year out."

It's pretty lengthy but you can read a full transcript here: Kyle Dubas on the William Nylander contract negotiations: "We continue to work primarily on long-term deals" | Maple Leafs Hotstove

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Middelstadt put up not very impressive numbers in college in his D+1 season. Nylander was a PPG player in the SHL and close to a PPG player in the AHL in his D+1 season.

Middelstadt is nothing more an overhyped prospect because he’s not a Leafs prospect.

I wouldn't want the leafs to touch this deal.

There. I think this is what you really mean

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

I don't get it. The GM is talking to himself?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Anyways Dubas gave a radio interview today.

"Based on the fact that there is clearly a difference of opinion between you and the Nylander camp, is a bridge the only way you can get this done?

Dubas:
I don’t think so. I think that that has been what a lot of people have been intimating — that that’s the only way it does get done. I think their camp has been focused on a long-term deal and ours as well. I think a bridge for both of us would probably be the sub-optimal solution to this. We continue to work primarily on long-term deals with Lewis, and he has been excellent in getting back to us and sharing his philosophy and how he does it.

That is really our goal. Our goal is to keep this group together as long as we can and sustain this thing moving out and allow this group the best chance to contend year in and year out."

It's pretty lengthy but you can read a full transcript here: Kyle Dubas on the William Nylander contract negotiations: "We continue to work primarily on long-term deals" | Maple Leafs Hotstove
You can also listen here: http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_dema...nd-Richard-Deitsch-PTS-20180925-Interview.mp3

DJIncognito

Jun 9, 2007
It's okay if he misses the start of the season. Hope he signs sooner rather than later - but has to be at the right cap hit. I figure he's worth:
Year 1, 2: $4 Mil a year
Year 3, 4: $6 Mil a year
Year 5, 6: $7.5 Mil a year
Year 7, 8: $8 Mil a year
Total = $51 Mil over 8 years or $6.375 Mil cap hit. Front load that contract, make a lot of it signing bonus/lockout proof since the Leafs can afford it. If he doesn't want that deal then a bridge deal - 2 year $8 Mil or 4 years $20 Mil.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
is there a team that could reasonably offersheet nylander. a team that:

1) has a need
2) cap space (8 mil a year)
3) competative (not giving away a potential 1st overall)

Flyers certainly are 2 and 3. But just question the need.
The just had 4 1sts in the last 2 yrs with Patrick and Frost, Farabee and O'Brien.
They can spare the picks.
Could even let Nylander try center.

Giroux Couturier Konecny
JVR Patrick Voracek
Lindblom Nylander Simmonds
Raffl Laughton Weal amongst others on 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad