Speculation: Nylander contract talk (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Not thanks. Mitts is behind in development and his ceiling is not as high IMO. Alex Nylander holds little value in this context of two young, potential franchise players.
I think "franchise player" is strong on both fronts, but I agree with the principle. W. Nylander is a young core player, Mittlestadt has the potential to be the same and has had a good (but very short) showing in pro hockey. Alex has the profile of a draft bust right now, I'm sure someone would give up a 2nd round pick for him but I wouldn't let him tip the scales on a deal for a sure thing

I do think that the risk associated to Mittelstadt is getting downplayed in this thread, 6 games of pro hockey is not nearly enough to be dependable as a predictor of future results, that doesn't preclude him from being as good or better than he's been but I wouldn't risk a 22yo first line player with upside on it

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I believe trading a brother for his brother violates the HFB constitution, where I paraphrase, "all family members, childhood friends and mite through junior teammates should be reunited whenever possible"

Reactions: lifeisruff

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Value wise probably is spot on, but I think this favors TOR because of ELC's and one could argue Mitt's is comparable ceiling wise to WN and I would think maybe higher. Id keep them both if I were blo.

Also, this doesnt help TOR in the newr term, but does help them cap wise in the next 3-5 years so for that reason I would do it from their POV. But overall they still need D, badly.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Mittelstadt looks to be a good player in his own right, idk his potential but he very well could be close to or even better then W. Nylander. No reason for buffalo to move there guy when they arent in any rush.

And leafs dont want to downgrade right now amidst some hopeful playoff runs.

DictatorTots427

Apr 8, 2018
Both teams say no. No reason for Toronto to trade Nylander for 2 players who are not currently impactful NHL players, and Buffalo wouldn't want to trade Middestadt yet.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
No.
(1) Buffalo doesn't have the cap for that
(2) I fully expect Mittelstadt alone to be unambiguously worth more than Nylander a few years down the road, not least of all because he's a natural C who will fill the void left by O'Reilly's absence.

Reactions: hnfjw

Roysakic

Sep 19, 2018
Just pay the kid his 7-7.3 mil he’s earned. You can’t expect these guys to take pay cuts those no guarantee of a Stanley cup. Also we didnt go through the trails and tribulations they did. And why the f*** did the PA accept a hard cap. Teams should be able to go over a pay a penalty X2 of what u spend over the cap. Very weak PA, first they should be forcing a second team in the GTA to generate ample amount of profit for the league

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
Not thanks. Mitts is behind in development and his ceiling is not as high IMO. Alex Nylander holds little value in this context of two young, potential franchise players.

How in the world is a 19 year old who played in the NHL the year following being drafted behind in development? If anything he's ahead

Reactions: hnfjw

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Based off what? He was very good in his few games last year, and even if he doesn't make it this year that's not exactly unusual. Nylander took about two years as well

Based on his preseason play. Do you need to go to the Sabres board to get caught up? The theme is the kid needs AHL time.

Nylander was kept down intentionally, he was ready well before his debut.

I wouldnt do this trade even if they were NHL ready, but I have less confidence in either reaching Nylanders level than others. Not a bad offer at all though.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Just pay the kid his 7-7.3 mil he’s earned. You can’t expect these guys to take pay cuts those no guarantee of a Stanley cup. Also we didnt go through the trails and tribulations they did. And why the **** did the PA accept a hard cap. Teams should be able to go over a pay a penalty X2 of what u spend over the cap. Very weak PA, first they should be forcing a second team in the GTA to generate ample amount of profit for the league

Like Tavares taking a pay cut with no guarantee of a cup?

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Toronto adds in a W Nylander for Mittelstadt trade. Considering contract, A Nylander might provide better value than Willie soon...

Makes no sense for Toronto since they should go for it this year. And Buffalo will need Casey and Alex in 19/20 when we’re approaching the playoff bubble.

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
He is most certainly a prospect. He is most certainly expected to be in the running for Calder this year. After Pettersson, Dahlin, and Tolvanen he may be the most likely to take home the ROTY. Middelstadt is just one of those guys that you don't trade at 19 regardless of return.

I see your talking about rookies in the nhl this upcoming year correct? Prospect is a different term thats what I was implying. I also like middlestadt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->