Speculation: Nylander contract talk (All Nylander talk here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
His knowledge of other teams seems to be there. Just unfortunately not in the case of the leafs. He hasn’t known anything on them in a long time now. I personally don’t get bent out of shape when an ‘insider’ doesn’t have any info to offer on something leafs related. If you have nothing to offer , that’s fine. But dreger Will come out like he has info and say absolutely nothing of substance. Total speculation based on no information. It’s annoying.
bet he takes the bridge deal ,no rush to sign nylander ,lets face it if we didn't sign the BEST free agent to leave his team in recent memory ,wed be panicking ,babcock already know his opening night pp and line combos without nylander .
nice to see a good team hold the cards foe a change
nice to be a LEAF LOVER these days

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Well well Nylander is not going to give any discount, eh? 8 million / year is too much for him at any rate.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
If he's only asking for 6-6.5 now, how isn't this done yet? I'm sure Dubas would be thrilled to get him that cheap.

Unless Nylander only wants a 3-4 year deal at that price?

Yeah if it is at that level now, they shoild get the deal done.

Mar 14, 2015
So is calling Nylander a center.
Well I see him as a W/C. Nylander can play both positions and have been doing that on all levels he has been playing at including the NHL. There is no need for him in the middle right now with the depth, but its a good attribute to have if one of Matthews, Tavares or Kadri goes down for a while to move him or Marleau in the middle.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I have no idea why people still talk about that. It was an initial bid, purposefully extreme to create a higher starting point to come down from. Even Dreger himself said that the ask quickly went down to below 7.

It was also Dreger that claimed it started at 8. He has no clue where it started or what it's gone down to. I would caution *anyone* to not take Dreger seriously. I can't get into why because of the rules of this site, but Leaf fans should put zero stock into what he's saying.

As for his report the ask is now dropped below seven million... If any of that is true, and Nylander's ask is below seven million, why isn't the contract signed?

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
It was also Dreger that claimed it started at 8. He has no clue where it started or what it's gone down to. I would caution *anyone* to not take Dreger seriously. I can't get into why because of the rules of this site, but Leaf fans should put zero stock into what he's saying.

As for his report the ask is now dropped below seven million... If any of that is true, and Nylander's ask is below seven million, why isn't the contract signed?
Because that's not how contracts work. You don't just say a number and sign on the line. There are particulars to work out. They have to break down the yearly salary, whether it's front or back loaded, movement clauses, that kinda stuff.

Reactions: Kelly

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Michael Nylander never really played past the first round of the playoffs and he is now trying to ensure his sons don’t either.

Good job Dad!

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Dreger broke the Karlsson trade like 12 hours ago lol.

He also broke the Tavares signing.

He's literally broken two of the biggest stories of the year

I guess I should have been more specific. When discussing Toronto Dreger has no inside information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad