Nylander Chronicles Part XXV - Here’s a quarter, call someone who cares

Which side do you think is likely being fair?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
It's becoming more and more obvious that this will be a bridge, just wonder when.

Reactions: Mork

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Whoa

B****y title.

That's ok. I think many are now disheartened by Dubas' statement about him "keeping Nylander as a leaf".

So many fans never thought it would take this long.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
2HXa4EUEP-MLMxolGY5IbY1MnCc=.gif

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dubas has to win or not lose this no matter what. He can't overpay, he can't settle for a bad trade and he can't let this drag on forever.

The only answer is a bridge deal of some sort, but how even that hasn't been signed is ridiculous. It's so pointless when both parties know they can't budge and the only outcome will be sit the season or trade. I guess William banks on a trade, I hope he loses a years pay.

Maybe he will get traded to lost wages, I mean Las Vegas. Fitting

Reactions: PromisedLand

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's becoming more and more obvious that this will be a bridge, just wonder when.

Apparently players don't want bridges right now though because they're worried about the new CBA. So they want a contract high in signing bonuses (paid regardless of a lockout I believe), and one that's based on the current 7-8 year restrictions, current formula for hockey-related-revenue, etc.

I'd be perfectly happy with a bridge deal mind you, but there could be reasons for Nylander to aggressively avoid it (though you'd think that would make him more reasonable with long-term contract options).

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
As we are now a month away from Nylander missing the season I’m curious as to the overall hfleafs opinion on this matter. If Willy holds out the season it will be interesting to see if the results of this poll change. I think a poll of this nature is relevant.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Apparently players don't want bridges right now though because they're worried about the new CBA. So they want a contract high in signing bonuses (paid regardless of a lockout I believe), and one that's based on the current 7-8 year restrictions, current formula for hockey-related-revenue, etc.

I'd be perfectly happy with a bridge deal mind you, but there could be reasons for Nylander to aggressively avoid it (though you'd think that would make him more reasonable with long-term contract options).

When you look at the market and city numbers, Nylander would be better off signing for the fair term deal. This CBA could be a claw back of cap by the end of this.

2019 I believe they can start discussion but I believe the CBA year is 2021 or something??

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Assuming the general reports we've heard are more or less accurate (Dubas pushing for between Ehlers/Pastrnak deals, Nylander wanting head and shoulders above that), then I'd say Leafs management is being more reasonable.

Based on Nylander's agents reputation and his fathers reputation, I'd lean towards those rumours probably being more or less accurate. I honestly can't imagine the Leafs are sitting there offering him like 5.8M long-term and refusing to go above that (which would be the flipside of this of the team acting unreasonable).

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
no where near enough options here, especially with your bullshit 3rd option

• Neither, we don't know enough facts slightly leaning nylander within reason of course, IE: high $6M - low $7M anymore and leaning goes back to dubas
is my selection

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
It's hard to gauge because at this point, it's all been speculation.

If the numbers reported by certain media outlets are accurate, then I would say the offer made by management is more in line with Nylander's comparables than what his camp has asked for.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
For the record, I would pay Nylander 10M a season. But this is a cap league. That’s not possible.

6.8 x 6 or 4 x 4 or sorry bud.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
I support them both.

Nylander has to look out for himself, hockey is a dangerous sport and his career can be over on any-given play.

Dubas has to look out for the team, he has to make sure things fit the right way.

That's life.
Out of curiosity do you think your opinion on this would change if Will sits for the season?

Last edited:

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
As much as i'd like to be team Dubas and pick sides (there are times where i get MAD at Willy), we dont know what the leafs offer is/was.

Reactions: freshwind

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
2 year bridge, lets see if he can put up back to back 20 goal seasons again. Oh wait..

20 goal seasons are a bad thing?

and having 4 of them in a row in your first 4 (full) seasons again is a bad thing?

Marner only has one 20 goal season in 2 so lets hope we get him for less than nylander am I right?

Reactions: Menzinger

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
For the record, I would pay Nylander 10M a season. But this is a cap league. That’s not possible.

6.8 x 6 or 4 x 4 or sorry bud.

this isn't a sorry but, that's fair I don't think the leafs are offering that. Most likely that is the offer for 8 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad