[NYI/WSH] Halak for CHI's 4th in '14

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Hearing NYI are working on a trade with WSH to get pending UFA G Jaro Halak.

Another pick ala Wideman probably.

My question is, is George still in charge and making these moves until he's replaced or his contract is officially up later this summer?

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
He's under contract until 7/1 but I would guess it's Fishman/MacLellan making these moves (with the help of Mahoney if it involves pick preference and/or prospects).

CHI's 4th in this year's draft it is. Not bad. MacLellan handling trades.

Last edited:

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Making moves without a GM or coach, eh?

Boy... we never learn.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Caps evidently feel that the 2014 4th round is essential for the team.

Acquire 2014 4th round pick from Anaheim for Perreault.
Trade the Anaheim 4th round pick back to Anaheim for Penner (Anaheim I believe then traded that pick to Dallas for Robidas)
Now pick up a 4th round pick from the Islanders (formerly Chicago's) via Halak trade.

Guess it's too much to wish for to see if Erskine might fetch a 4th rounder.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
but who is making these trades?
boogeyman-despedido-wwe-booking-aceptedwrestle-stars.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
According to Katie Twitter: Asst. GM Brian MacLellan

WTF....how low under the radar has this guy flown? I don't ever remember more than one Asst GM mentioned before and it wasn't him.

Brian MacLellan

Director of Player Personnel

Brian MacLellan enters his seventh season with the Washington Capitals and second as the team’s assistant general manager, player personnel. MacLellan, who served as a pro scout for the Capitals from 2000-03 and then was promoted to director of player personnel, assists and advises vice president and general manager George McPhee in all player-related matters. MacLellan also oversees the club’s professional scouting staff and works closely with the team’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Hershey Bears, who won the Calder Cup in 2006.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ted's spiritual guide has told him the next generational player will be a 4th rounder selected by Washington acquired through trade.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Ted's spiritual guide has told him the next generational player will be a 4th rounder selected by Washington acquired through trade.

Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Caps evidently feel that the 2014 4th round is essential for the team.

Acquire 2014 4th round pick from Anaheim for Perreault.
Trade the Anaheim 4th round pick back to Anaheim for Penner (Anaheim I believe then traded that pick to Dallas for Robidas)
Now pick up a 4th round pick from the Islanders (formerly Chicago's) via Halak trade.

Guess it's too much to wish for to see if Erskine might fetch a 4th rounder.

There's also the 4th we got in the Erat trade, although that one's in 2015. Definitely a popular round.

Liberati0n*

WTF....how low under the radar has this guy flown? I don't ever remember more than one Asst GM mentioned before and it wasn't him.

Brian MacLellan

Brian MacLellan enters his seventh season with the Washington Capitals and second as the team’s assistant general manager, player personnel. MacLellan, who served as a pro scout for the Capitals from 2000-03 and then was promoted to director of player personnel, assists and advises vice president and general manager George McPhee in all player-related matters. MacLellan also oversees the club’s professional scouting staff and works closely with the team’s American Hockey League affiliate, the Hershey Bears, who won the Calder Cup in 2006.

It gives 2000 as his first year working there, so I don't think that's been updated for like 7 years, meaning his been an assistant GM for more like 8.

Klargplutte

Sep 15, 2012
Thats a shame , but i doubt these kind of trades are made without a discussion with the player involved , better get something then nothing.

Liberati0n*

Thats a shame , but i doubt these kind of trades are made without a discussion with the player involved , better get something then nothing.

Especially with a player so clearly not worth re-signing. Great value...there must have been another team or other teams interested. Otherwise I can't see why they would give up such a high pick.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA

Brian MacLellan

MacLellan padding his resume as well as making his play for the GM's spot. The true question is are his fingerprints at all on the Erat trade.:baghead:

noptov

Jan 27, 2009
Mclean, VA
Something for nothing, essentially. With Holtby and Grubauer you have two guys with starting potential - and likely with little drop-off from what Halak would give. Saves a lot of cap space to make other moves (like defense, pretty please?)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad