Confirmed with Link: NYI-VAN Beauvillier, 1st (2023 Top 12 Protected), Raty for Bo Horvat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
Haven't followed Raty much since the draft. Will need to get a good read on him.

Love getting a 2023 first given the strength of draft. But ultimately value of this will depend on the conditions.

Beauvillier seems like he is just a meh top six winger that was required by management in order to keep things "competitive". But perhaps they flip him.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Not the worst, not the best.

But that’s still a way better pick than anything Boston would give

Reactions: CanuckCity

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
It looks great on paper, but we need to see that protected pick, how high is it?

at least we traded him before he got injured
This all mostly hinges on Raty I think. I assume the first is top 10 protected.

Isles dumped the Beau contract on us here so I think value wise this isn’t some heist

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Need to know more details...Raty is ok, Beauvillier is meh, the first is nice...provided the "protection" isn't too heavy....top 12 is rough, but will still be a nice pick.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Kind of soft but depends on the 1st conditions. This feels like a rebuilding move rather than retooling, which is interesting.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
top 12 protected makes this not ideal, but they must be pretty high on raty. even if they are, it doesn't make sense to take back a contract for yet another winger.

Reactions: BimJenning

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I dont like adding Beauvillier, we have a logjam at wing already. They must be planning to use Podkolzin and Hoglander to move contracts

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Theres a 0% chance the Islanders win the cup even with Horvat. Bo gets to play with arguably weaker offense too. Meh.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
That is the thing. NYI dumped an overpaid winger in this deal (with term) and seemingly did not pay an asset.

Van must really love Raty? Nonexistent protections?

when i say dump, I meant from the NYI angle, as they lack quality Cs for their wingers.

Beauvillier is a guy who gives you 40 pt during the season, but has a knack of scoring big goals in the playoffs.

4million is rich, but he's a better player than Boeser IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad