Proposal: NYI Trades w/CLB & LA

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Um- went i went on the Kings game day threads seems like most fans would be happy to just get a 2nd rd pick for him.......a floater he was mentioned as numerous times......

But why add Hickey for no additional assets? What do his 2 extra years after next year do for the Kings?

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Um- went i went on the Kings game day threads seems like most fans would be happy to just get a 2nd rd pick for him.......a floater he was mentioned as numerous times......

Well that’s why the team hires people to make those decisions. And they don’t view thing how some fans do. LA will not give Toffoli away, if they are not offered something they want they will hold on to him and see how he does in a contract year. Your offer gives LA nothing they would want but your 2nd.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
pretty underwhelming return for panarin.

guy with 64 pts thus far >>> overpaid contract of struggling eberle+late 1st+bust prospect

a panarin deal would absolutely have to include one of wahlstrom/dobson + 1st + roster player
If signed

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
NYI- Panarin CLB - 2019 1st , Eberle and MDC

NYI- Toffoli LA- 2019 2nd, Ho-Sang, Hickey

NYI top line of Panarin Barzal Toffoli
Honestly the offer is offensive but the most offensive thing about the proposal is that after nearly 20yrs in the league people can still get the Columbus abbreviation wrong... it is not nor will it ever be CLB... its CBJ!!!!! No excuses for that anymore.

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Major UFA downgrade for a late 1st and a busted reclamation project, from a divisional opponent and thus probable playoff opponent. Yeah, I think we can do a lot better.

disles1

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
I highly doubt Toffoli plays 82 NHL games after he is dispatched from the Kings. He's going in that former LA Kings player in a diner wall art with Frolov, Nick Shore and Dwight King.

QUOTE="Peter James Bond II, post: 155882035, member: 247251"]I honestly believe he will be 'Moulsened', 2 years from now. Moulsen may actually be better right now.
And I said 2 months ago, no way Carter plays the last 2 years of his contract. Blake has a tough job...to somehow get 3, 73 and 77 off this team, by July.[/QUOTE]

The Kings are likely showcasing TT in hopes they can get anything of significance for him at the deadline, but I wouldn't count on it. He is a one-dimensional goalscorer who has now scored 14 goals in his last 88 games dating back a calendar year and that is with consistent PP time. His value is probably at about the same level as Pearson's was when he was traded.

A 2nd and a prospect is probably what TT will go for......and nobody is trading a boatload of assets for an unsigned Panarin.

Last edited:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
QUOTE="Peter James Bond II, post: 155882035, member: 247251"]I honestly believe he will be 'Moulsened', 2 years from now. Moulsen may actually be better right now.
And I said 2 months ago, no way Carter plays the last 2 years of his contract.

Blake has a tough job...to somehow get 3, 73 and 77 off this team, by July.
The Kings board has had a tough year. Toffoli has his critics and is often a whipping boy. He is a talented scorer who many thought was going to consistently score 30 goals a year. The Kings are in disarray. Everyone has played down this year. Their coaching sucks too. Toffoli has picked up his scoring since that comment was made. Yes he needs more consistency in his game. He is not a banger and needs to be scoring to contribute in games. That comment is also an outlier, I don’t think any other Kings fan agreed that he would be Moulsoned out of the league.

Phaneuf, Carter, and Toffoli. One of these is not like the others.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad