Montreal
To :bolts

Brock Nelson
Thomas Hickey
2017 1st pick

To :isles

Tyler Johnson
2017 2nd pick

The Isles get their #2 C. The Lightning have in return a player, Nelson, who can play both the wing and center position (if needed) and who is able to score between 20 and 30 goals. Hickey brings depth on the blue line. He's capable 3rd pair D. And Tampa Bay receive a 1st round pick too which could allow them two first-round picks that could be consecutive. It's something interesting. Moving Johnson, allows the Lightning to give his role to Brayden Point.

Makes sense for both team?

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
Value isn't bad at all, but we're taking an extra contract back plus more money (though Johnson would have to be resigned). That'll make things... complicated.

EDIT: Just kidding, i'm stupid and can't read.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I can't see Tampa having too much interest in Hickey or the pick tbh. What about taking the picks out altogether and replacing Hickey with De Haan?

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Bad trade for TBL.

I'll would should be happy to give Nelson and Hickey away as cap dumps

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If we are trading Johnson, I want either Hamonic or Pulock coming back as part of a deal. That way, you know, we can actually address a need

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
The value is decent, but I think TJ and a 2nd can probably fetch a better dman in return.

I'd rather deal TJ+ whatever for a higher quality dman straight up than adding to the player coming back and getting a lesser player.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Given the fact that the Isles went on their January-March run without Hamonic and his injury prone history, I would be in for Johnson for Hammer straight up.

I also don't think that Hickey/Mayfield/Pelech are that bad. And it opens up more space for #FreePulock. Make a call Garth.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I enjoy Trade Forum moments like this when both sides amicably reach a mutually beneficial deal.

:isles Tyler Johnson

:bolts Travis Hamonic

Some one get Garth and Steve on the phone!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad