Proposal: Nyi - tbl

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
So Tampa fans, following Stamkos re-signing with a NMC I believe that means that one of Johnson, Palat, Drouin, Killorn or Kucherov might be available for trade since you'll most likely lose one in the Expansion Draft. While I'll guessing Killorn would be the one exposed what would it take from the Isles to get either Drouin, Palat or Kucherov given we have a serious need for wingers? And what actually are Tampa's needs going into next season?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
So Tampa fans, following Stamkos re-signing with a NMC I believe that means that one of Johnson, Palat, Drouin, Killorn or Kucherov might be available for trade since you'll most likely lose one in the Expansion Draft. While I'll guessing Killorn would be the one exposed what would it take from the Isles to get either Drouin, Palat or Kucherov given we have a serious need for wingers? And what actually are Tampa's needs going into next season?

Couldn't they just do the 8-3-1 and protect all those guys? Stamkos signing basically spells the end for Bishop, question is do they keep Bishop this season and let him go UFA or try trade him now

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
What are your most valuable assets ? It would take those.

Probably anyone but Tavares, Leddy, Hamonic (Isles wouldn't trade him for Hall apparently), Lee (management love him) and maaaaaybe Pulock would be available.

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
Couldn't they just do the 8-3-1 and protect all those guys? Stamkos signing basically spells the end for Bishop, question is do they keep Bishop this season and let him go UFA or try trade him now

Max is 7-3-1 according to NHL.com here.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Probably anyone but Tavares, Leddy, Hamonic (Isles wouldn't trade him for Hall apparently), Lee (management love him) and maaaaaybe Pulock would be available.

I said your most valuable assets, not your sort of valuable assets that you ultimately don't care about losing

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Yeah well i doubt that Johnson is getting moved or Palat maybe Killorn might Kucherov no way i could see Yzerman trying to move maybe Filppula plus Carle now will be a buyout candidate with Stamkos back in the fold.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Sigh...well protection-wise unless Yzerman can pull off a miracle we'd be looking at protecting

Callahan (NMC)
Stamkos
Kucherov
Drouin
Johnson
Palat

and either Killorn or Namestnikov, thus leaving the other of those two exposed. That said salary-wise we're probably going to have to lose at least one of Johnson and Palat as well as Killorn. So I'd say your best trade targets are Johnson, Palat, and Killorn.

You have no idea how much this depresses me. I HATE this signing.

MrClutch86

Aug 23, 2013
Tampa
Stamkos
Kucherov
Palat
Johnson
Callahan
Drouin
Killorn

7 right there. Namestnikov may be available though. Think Filppula is out of here soon

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
I said your most valuable assets, not your sort of valuable assets that you ultimately don't care about losing

Fine, most valuable that would be available:

Best forward prospects: Dal Colle, Ho-Sang, Beauvillier and Bellows. Barzal might be available if the trade was for Kucherov, maybe for Palat, probably not for Drouin.

Best Defence prospects: Wotherspoon, Devon Teows or Mitch Van Sompel are the more potentially good defenceman. Mayfield and Pelech could likely contribute in a NHL role. Pelech especially looked very good in s small sample size this year.

NHL forwards: Strome, Nelson, maybe Lee are probably the ones of most interest. Management loves Lee apparently.

NHL defencemen: De Haan, and maaaaybe Pulock available if the deal is right.

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
Stamkos
Kucherov
Palat
Johnson
Callahan
Drouin
Killorn

7 right there. Namestnikov may be available though. Think Filppula is out of here soon

I am kinda just assuming Filppula will be still with TBL. Mostly, because I'm not entirely certain Tampa has the cap space to buy him out with a lot of big extensions next off-season and I don't think other GMs are particularly inclined to trade for players with NMCs at the moment. The only other option I could see would be Filppula waiving it but idk how likely that is.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Kucherov's not going anywhere so you can forget about that. Palat, Johnson, and Killorn are realistic though, and if you wait a year you can probably get Drouin with an offer sheet.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Why would TB trade a forward now to avoid the expansion draft next year? They are clearly a Cup contender this season.

A better target from TB would be Namestnikov. 35 points last season (31 at ES) with limited ice time, an RFA this year. With Drouin in the fold there isn't really a spot for him, and paying him could be an issue. Could be a good buy low target.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Tampa Bay is not rebuilding. They don't want our prospects, they'd want established players. One is untouchable and two are going to test Free Agency. Unless we are offering up Leddy TB passes on anything we can come up with.

That team is frigging stacked. So envious

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'd be absolutely shocked if TB even entertained Kucherov in a trade.

I mentioned a when Stamkos resigned that I thought Killhorn might become available with Stamkos and eventually Hedman and Kucherov needing to be signed. If Hedman and Kucherov take from Stammers playbook and sign for cheaper, TBL may be able to keep all their guys lol

DriftEasy

Jan 16, 2016
Kucherov's not going anywhere so you can forget about that. Palat, Johnson, and Killorn are realistic though, and if you wait a year you can probably get Drouin with an offer sheet.

At what point would Tampa not match an offer sheet for Kucherov this year though? Just curious

Why would TB trade a forward now to avoid the expansion draft next year? They are clearly a Cup contender this season.

A better target from TB would be Namestnikov. 35 points last season (31 at ES) with limited ice time, an RFA this year. With Drouin in the fold there isn't really a spot for him, and paying him could be an issue. Could be a good buy low target.

I mean, obviously, the trade would have to work for Tampa too. I wouldn't expect them to actively sell low when they are Cup contenders but if they got a decent offer now, as opposed to losing a player for free next season you'd have to think they'd a least consider it.

To all those who are saying Palat might be available though, what would he cost from the Isles?

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
At what point would Tampa not match an offer sheet for Kucherov this year though? Just curious

I mean, obviously, the trade would have to work for Tampa too. I wouldn't expect them to actively sell low when they are Cup contenders but if they got a decent offer now, as opposed to losing a player for free next season you'd have to think they'd a least consider it.

To all those who are saying Palat might be available though, what would he cost from the Isles?

Honestly I have no idea how Yzerman thinks at this point. This move is going to cost us bigtime and because everybody knows we need to clear space we aren't even going to get full value on whoever we do end up losing. So I'm afraid I have no answer for you.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
I'd be absolutely shocked if TB even entertained Kucherov in a trade.

I mentioned a when Stamkos resigned that I thought Killhorn might become available with Stamkos and eventually Hedman and Kucherov needing to be signed. If Hedman and Kucherov take from Stammers playbook and sign for cheaper, TBL may be able to keep all their guys lol

Hedman and the Triplets might give us discounts but no way Drouin will.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Honestly I have no idea how Yzerman thinks at this point. This move is going to cost us bigtime and because everybody knows we need to clear space we aren't even going to get full value on whoever we do end up losing. So I'm afraid I have no answer for you.

He has a ton of time to figure it out with Callahan starting the season on LTIR. He can re-sign all his players, and watch the first month or so of the season to see if Vasilavesky is ready, then trade Bishop for a huge haul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad