Proposal: Nyi - tbl

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Palat will not be expensive to extend... so I think we keep him (plus it would be idiotic to trade him)
I feel if we trade someone is Tyler Johnson or Killorn, but it will not happen soon

SI

Feb 16, 2013
It has to happen soon Tampa is at almost 64m.

Let's say Kucherov gets similar to forsberg 6/36.

Now Tampa is at 70 with Nesterov, Namestikov and Killorn to re up.

Killorn willcost u more than 3 and Namestikov will at least get u up to the cap.

I say Killorn and Namestikov just entered the trade market.

What would the price be for each?

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa

Killorn willcost u more than 3 and Namestikov will at least get u up to the cap.

We have multiple other options before trading either

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Killorn would be an incredible addition. I think Tavares could take him to a 30 goal level, but I wouldn't trade MDC for him. If I'm trading MDC I want a right handed RW in the prime of his career i.e. not Callahan.

What are Tampa Bay fans' honest opinion on Filppula? I could see trading smaller assets for him to fill Nielsen's shoes if we don't sign a replacement in FA. Play him on the 2nd line this coming year, the 3rd line the next year with Barzal as our 2nd line center.

Can Filppula play at a 2nd line level or is he done? I like that he only has two years left on his contract. That's extremely ideal for us.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Killorn would be an incredible addition. I think Tavares could take him to a 30 goal level, but I wouldn't trade MDC for him. If I'm trading MDC I want a right handed RW in the prime of his career i.e. not Callahan.

What are Tampa Bay fans' honest opinion on Filppula? I could see trading smaller assets for him to fill Nielsen's shoes if we don't sign a replacement in FA. Play him on the 2nd line this coming year, the 3rd line the next year with Barzal as our 2nd line center.

Can Filppula play at a 2nd line level or is he done? I like that he only has two years left on his contract. That's extremely ideal for us.

He can't be the best player on his line, and you definitely want at least one shoot first guy with him because he will pass off opportunities (even on solo breakaways).

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He can't be the best player on his line, and you definitely want at least one shoot first guy with him because he will pass off opportunities (even on solo breakaways).

Well he'd play with either Anders Lee or Brock Nelson on his line, both finishers and I think maybe not better players than Filppula but would compliment him on a line. I don't know who would be on his right, we have a weird situation with our RW's.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I like Killorn but would rather shoot for Palat, Drouin or Kucherov simply based on Isle's need for a top winger.

Pretty much impossible. Your best hope is Drouin becomes a locker room problem or something, and we trade him just to shake things up like the Oilers with Hall.

I just don't see us giving up any of these three pieces. Drouin and Kucherov both have the potential to be elite (I'd say Kucherov already is an elite scoring winger), and Palat is very likely Jon Cooper's favorite player. If you want one of these three, the only guy you can reasonably take of your trade list is Tavares. Everybody else has to be in play.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

You'd get Flip cheap from us, and we might even retain.

His main game is defense now, and even that has lapses. He still has a future in the NHL, but it's mostly as a shutdown forward. Maybe his offensive game will re-awaken, but it's been a weird regression in TB. For instance, he possesses a decent shot; he just doesn't use it. (Detroit fans warned us about that, btw, and in his first year he scored something like 24 goals for us, but it's come more and more true since).

He's a risky addition if you're looking for offense, because it IS in there somewhere... we just haven't seen it in a while. I do think we'd sweeten the deal by adding a prospect or a warm body if you need one.

Pure cap dump from our perspective. Not sure he'd be a great fit for the Isles though.

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I am kinda just assuming Filppula will be still with TBL. Mostly, because I'm not entirely certain Tampa has the cap space to buy him out with a lot of big extensions next off-season and I don't think other GMs are particularly inclined to trade for players with NMCs at the moment. The only other option I could see would be Filppula waiving it but idk how likely that is.

He won't be bought out, but will be moved. He might be a great candidate for a new Vegas franchise needing to both get to the cap floor, and in need of a 2/3C.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014

This would definitely be true if they didn't have other options to shed salay.

- Carle buy out

- Bishop and/or Filppula trade

We'll be clear after one or both of those happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad