Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ross Johnston re-signs for four years, $1M AAV one-way

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I havent literally never heard about this guy before. And I have done a quiz last year with my friend about every single teams game line-up (not the specific for certain game but 20-player roster in NHL who were in the salary cap roster) and had 8 mistakes. I’m hockey addict.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
He's basically a superior version of Matt Martin.

Which still makes me wonder why they even brought back Matty Marts.

Is he? Maybe I'm missing something, but apart from likely unsustainable shooting numbers, Martin has much better stats. What makes Johnston better?

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
as someone familiar with Johnston I am happy having him back. Term is fine, you can always waive the dude

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Is he? Maybe I'm missing something, but apart from likely unsustainable shooting numbers, Martin has much better stats. What makes Johnston better?

He's a better skater and has better hands that Martin. Also didn't look lost in the offensive zone for a tough guy fourth liner. Martin was always a step or two behind Cizikas and Clutterbuck when he was here.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
When he's getting uneccesary penalties and everyone keeps scoring PP goals and winning games because he's "****ing up your team"...

...yeah, I will probably find it as funny.

well... based on their 7 game losing streak against the islanders we can certainly bet the rangers wont be one of those teams right?

Reactions: Ricklongisland

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Guess Lou's gone senile...

Or maybe he's trying to win with a team full of AHLers. Who is this and why does he deserve 4 years?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
What is a Ross Johnston? Looking at his neck I'm guessing he's a pugilist?

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
This is the Islanders special. Didn't they do similar with Frans Nielson, Andrew MacDonald and others?

Reactions: Thrasymachus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad