Staples Twitter: NYI @ OTT Split Squad Rosters

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
In fairness, most people don't expect Griff or Lee to make the team so the only surprise would be if Strome is left off.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
No worries...I think it's the only Time Zone in the world set on the half hour. Just part of what makes Newfoundland (St. John's) unique.

What's interesting is that it's not. I think it is the only one in the Western Hemisphere though. Look up some of Australia's timezones. That is messed up. I believe that half of the country follows daylight savings time and half does not. Also, I believe they are to the nearest half hour and during DST it can be to the nearest quarter hour.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
What's interesting is that it's not. I think it is the only one in the Western Hemisphere though. Look up some of Australia's timezones. That is messed up. I believe that half of the country follows daylight savings time and half does not. Also, I believe they are to the nearest half hour and during DST it can be to the nearest quarter hour.

fascinating. Australia is another unique place then... The Newfies and the Aussies...they got it goin on.

Isles5513

Please don't lose
May 18, 2014
Long Island
fascinating. Australia is another unique place then... The Newfies and the Aussies...they got it goin on.

There is probably hundreds more weird time zones, like china is supposed to have 5, but only has one timezone, a few years ago Russia switched to DST in the winter and never switched back or something similar to that, and a few island nations in the South Pacific mess up the international date line so much that earth always has 3 days going on at the same time, just to name a few.

All these places must be part of some secret club. I want in!

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Hey guys, just want to chime in and say there was an article on the IceCaps website Saturday with different players listed than what's in OP.

http://www.stjohnsicecaps.com/article/islanders-senators-lineups/

There were a lot of local fans upset because they paid $120 each for the prime time ticket and then there was an early game added for cheaper. Fans were worried they would miss out on some stars because it's split up so the IceCaps posted lineups.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Probably shouldn't read into these line combos, but I think they're already trying to send a message to certain players.

I don't think they want guys like Strome, Nelson and Lee to get complacent.

It's also no coincidence that Martin isn't dressed. Also CC and CMac playing in the first game. Our 4th line was awful/embarrassing last season. All three need to work for spots.

hoser14

Oct 23, 2006
Brooklyn
Sebastian Collberg

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/513814411405176832
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/513814668138532864
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/513814857108692992
https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday/status/513815015749849088

Game 1:
Dal Colle-Strome-Ho Sang
Lee-Nelson-Collberg
Zolniercyzk-Cizikas-Skille
Boulton-Mouillerat-McDonald

Reinhart-Pulock
Czuczman-Mayfeild
DeHaan-Hamonic

Johnson
Leggio

Game 2:
Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Kulemin-Grabovski-Conacher
Grabner-Nielsen-Clutterbuck
Persson-Sundstrom-Gallant

Strait-Brennan
Hickey-Vis
Donovan-Carkner

Halak
Poulin

Only previous NHL regular not playing is Martin.

I'm lost: why is Gallant on the line with the Swedes? You figure that Collberg would be on that line instead of a dancing bear?

But then again putting Sebastian "I'm the guy GM Snow ended up flipping for instead of MacDavid or Eichel) Collberg on a line with blue-chippers Lee and Strome isn't a bad idea.

MatthewBarnabysTears

Mar 18, 2013
In fairness, most people don't expect Griff or Lee to make the team so the only surprise would be if Strome is left off.

I would be shocked if Reinhart didn't make it. He played well enough to make the team last year (and would have stuck around had he not been sent down right before Visnovsky got hurt). And there's more minutes available for him if he can claim them than there were this time last year.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Agree, I wasn't all that impressed with Strome's game last season but I do think he belongs on the big club. I think Reinhart and Lee will start out in BP which I don't see as a bad thing, ESP, Reinhart. A little time in he AHL won't hurt his development at all. Nelson is a lock.

Last edited:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Agree, I wasn't all that impressed with Strome's game last season but I do think he belongs on the big club. I think Reinhart and Lee will start out in BP which I don't see as a bad thing, ESP, Reinhart. A little time in he AHL won't hurt his development at all. Nelson is a lock.

All Strome needs is to build strength, he is still a young guy and he maybe missing the strength to get through an entire NHL season against men. He is an NHL player but we must be patient with him.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Oh my god, could you imagine the upheaval on this board if all of Lee, Nelson, Strome, and Reinhart started in the AHL.

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

Not that I think that would last long, but I could totally see the opening roster like that.

That would be ****ing awful. Every one of those youngsters should on on the opening day roster and they all proved it last season IMO.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Oh my god, could you imagine the upheaval on this board if all of Lee, Nelson, Strome, and Reinhart started in the AHL.

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

Not that I think that would last long, but I could totally see the opening roster like that.

This is the way I see it, as well. With Skille in place of McDonald, and Nelson on the team. Everyone waiver-eligible. Boulton or Carkner in the pressbox. Half the team on probation, with so much talent in Bridgeport.

I have no problem with Bailey and Okposo together. They have chemistry. Okposo did not break out last year with Tavares. He did so in April 2013 with Bailey and Nielsen, and continued his great play through last season.

edmontonislesfan

Mar 28, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
This is the way I see it, as well. With Skille in place of McDonald, and Nelson on the team. Everyone waiver-eligible. Boulton or Carkner in the pressbox. Half the team on probation, with so much talent in Bridgeport.

I have no problem with Bailey and Okposo together. They have chemistry. Okposo did not break out last year with Tavares. He did so in April 2013 with Bailey and Nielsen, and continued his great play through last season.

I know about the 23/20 rules, so Carkner may not make the team. Unless, someone is placed on IR.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

I can see it now..

Bailey-Tavares-Okposo
Martin-Cizikas-McDonald
Boulton

de Haan-Hamonic
Hickey-Vis
Strait-Brennan
Donovan, Carkner

tumblr_lgpfc1DfU01qeweuno1_500.jpg

Cavonnier

Apr 23, 2013
Maine
I'm lost: why is Gallant on the line with the Swedes? You figure that Collberg would be on that line instead of a dancing bear?

But then again putting Sebastian "I'm the guy GM Snow ended up flipping for instead of MacDavid or Eichel) Collberg on a line with blue-chippers Lee and Strome isn't a bad idea.

I really don't think we're going to be drafting #1 or #2 this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad