Staples Twitter: NYI @ OTT Split Squad Rosters

LVIsles*

Wow. Awfully combative for a new poster. If you look at the post above yours, you will see iLandHer provided a quote.

They guy has an attitude problem with anyone who criticizes Bailey. Am I supposed to bow to him? Nothing in there about going into the dirty areas.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
They guy has an attitude problem with anyone who criticizes Bailey. Am I supposed to bow to him? Nothing in there about going into the dirty areas.

I've gotten along fine with plenty of Bailey criticizers. I even provided you a quote from one of them about how our discussions changed their opinion. I have a problem with guys saying he needs to be shipped out for a bag of pucks.

You want to trade him for a real D player? Okay, I have no problems with that.

You want him in a defensive shutdown role on the 3rd line? Okay, I don't have a problem with that either.

You want to tell me he doesn't produce unless it's meaningless games, or that he doesn't produce well enough to be on the 2nd line? I'll take issue with that because both are statistically inaccurate.

And just as an FYI, I'd do the same for any player if I thought that people were inventing things to bash a guy.

What is the point? It seems to be continually changing when it relates to Bailey. If your point is he is inconsistent, no one here would argue.

Nope, not even I would argue that. Look at this great quote, from this very thread. A big thanks to you for your posts here.

Argue consistency, not lack of production.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I did a quick look, don't feel like going through all the videos, so I'll use this one by Frans Nielsen instead of a Tavares quote.

http://thehockeywriters.com/new-york-islanders-more-leaders-than-just-tavares/

Maybe Nielsen's thoughts don't matter though, since he's not a superstar? :dunno:

How has the puck been going in for him? He had 8 goals all season, he has a poor shot that manages to hit the goalies chest consistently, the guy really needs to work on his accuracy. I like Bailey, and I hope he starts having some success, because we can use all the help we can get, but at this point I think he is a very solid 3rd line defensive winger, maybe he proves me wrong, but I have been waiting for that for a long time.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
How has the puck been going in for him? He had 8 goals all season, he has a poor shot that manages to hit the goalies chest consistently, the guy really needs to work on his accuracy. I like Bailey, and I hope he starts having some success, because we can use all the help we can get, but at this point I think he is a very solid 3rd line defensive winger, maybe he proves me wrong, but I have been waiting for that for a long time.

My point with the quote was that they are meaningless, because players typically praise their teammates and linemates.

I'd like him to work on his shot and actually shooting the puck instead of making too many passes as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad