Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Isles sign Andy Greene (1 year, $700k + $2M Performance) & Matt Martin (4 years, $1.5M AAV)

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
For some reasons I can't see tweets on this forum... anybody knows the numbers for Martin and Greene ?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
This must mean that the Barzal deal is a lot closer than what the media is reporting. Greene may be "ancient" in NHL terms, but he's still a good defenseman on any third pair in the league. Matt Martin keeps the Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck 4th line in tact for at least one more season.

Isn’t Cizikas hurt?

Nevermind....looks like he’ll be ready for camp.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
Solid signings. Greene is still a good bottom pairing defensemen and was good in the playoffs. Martin is good for the Isles's 4th line and with teams needing 3 goaltenders Cory Schneider is a good #3 if you're unfortunately put into that situation.

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Greene should be a great partner for Dobson(who looks like he won't play his offhand side this year which is good because he definitely seems to perform better on the right hand side)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Greene is obviously in the twilight of his career at this point, but he still seems like a reasonable enough cheap veteran depth option to fill out a lineup. Seems like a good locker room presence and potential mentor to a young guy like Dobson off the ice too.

Matt Martin still has some utility as a grinder and physical presence.

Solid enough cheap depth signings, assuming the money is what it sounds like as a near minimum sort of range.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I thought Lafreniere has bonuses with the Rangers.

Yes players who have ELC can get bonuses, as well as players over 35+. If you are in the middle of those 2 things then nope(although I could be wrong and players with an injury history might get special consideration)

Reactions: Seanaconda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad