Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Islanders re-sign Eric Boulton [1 year]

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I wonder how the Islanders will sneak him through waivers. Pretty sure he'll get snatched up by a team looking for some veteran leadership.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Same old song and dance. The Islanders put him on and take him off IR to benefit them team. It is garbage the league allows this to happen.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Same old song and dance. The Islanders put him on and take him off IR to benefit them team. It is garbage the league allows this to happen.

Even though I know it's Boulton(who most likely wouldn't be picked up on waivers if they sent him down and called him up for the odd game), I am somewhat surprised they don't call it out myself.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Honest question: is he the last IHL guy left in the league? He was teammates with Sean Pronger, Robert Dome, Manny Fernandez, Kevin Weekes and Mike Yeo in that league...

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY

It's a loophole that should probably be fixed.... but are the Islanders really benefiting much off it? I mean, the guy might get into 3-4 games this year and play no more than a total of 15 minutes? It's not like they're hiding a $5m top line winger to stay under the cap here....

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

Stashing Boulton on IR is immaterial to the Islanders' success so I wouldn't say that.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Lol, Boulton will probably be on IR for the Isles 5 years from now. He earns $1M to be in the pressbox to eat nachos and to eat punches to the face from time to time.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tavares loves the guy and feels he's an important part of the locker room. Tavares always gets his buddies paid one way or another.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Tavares loves the guy and feels he's an important part of the locker room. Tavares always gets his buddies paid one way or another.

They should give him a portion of their salaries, because Tavares is way underpaid. How can a guy who plays less than 10 games per season be an important part of the locker room when he's watching most of the games from the press box? I mean, he isn't in constant contact with his teammates, no?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
They should give him a portion of their salaries, because Tavares is way underpaid. How can a guy who plays less than 10 games per season be an important part of the locker room when he's watching most of the games from the press box? I mean, he isn't in constant contact with his teammates, no?

A significant portion of the time is not during games lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

Sure they are. Road trips, dinners, practices, team events, and rec time at the rink or practice
Facilities.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Lol, Boulton will probably be on IR for the Isles 5 years from now. He earns $1M to be in the pressbox to eat nachos and to eat punches to the face from time to time.

i'd take far less than a million for that job

and yes, i'm pretty sure boulton is the last active player in the NHL who played in the IHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad