Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Islanders re-sign Eric Boulton [1 year]

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Never forget that hattrick

But this is because he's good in the locker room, he's on IR all year and comes off to play a game every 2 months lol

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Tavares loves him. 2 years ago he told management that Boulton was important to the locker room. As long as Tavares is the captain and Boulton wants to play he will have an NHL contract. He won't play more than 5-10 games. If that.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My god, he sucked terribly for the year he was a Devil and that was 5 years ago now.

A lot of Devils fans think he was signed because of that hat trick he had against us the season before. I remember him being literally not only the lone skater on the team to not record a point (outside of call ups that played under 10 games) but the skater to not even be on the ice for a goal for all year long. Oddly enough though, he had an assist in our first preseason game that year.

I remember him being the one and only player that I disliked from the 11-12 Devils. He also was waived in February of that season (but never sent down) around the deadline and complained and said he was shocked to be waived.

I remember we signed him for two years, but bought out the final year of his deal. And I swear I remember the Islanders signing him within an hour or less of 12:00 PM when free agency opened on July 1st of 2012. Garth must really like this guy. Not only did he rush to sign him when his career looked over at the time, he keeps bringing him back this many years later.

He might even be one of the 3 oldest players in the league now....

Just saw that he's only played 54 games for the Islanders in 4 years, that's only 3 more games than he played with the Devils in his last season before joining the Islanders. At least they know to keep him off the ice.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I seriously thought this guy retired like 4 years ago.

:amazed::amazed:

He probably should have.

My god was he dreadful for the Devils. He was a liability every time he got on the ice. I remember we were getting a power play late in a game against the Flyers and he went over and washed it out and it become 4 on 4 before we even got a chance to get on the power play. Then the next week he took an awful boarding penalty against the Rangers and it took us out of the game.

I distinctly remember there being a conversation that he was the worst possession player in the league that season, quite literally too.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Sweetest job in the country is to be willing to take multiple punches from mammoths for other people? Do you live in Somalia or something?

Lol, do you? It's apt that you called the guys that Boultom fights "mammoths," since they're extinct. There are barely any heavyweights in the league anymore, let alone seeing relevant minutes.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tavares loves him. 2 years ago he told management that Boulton was important to the locker room. As long as Tavares is the captain and Boulton wants to play he will have an NHL contract. He won't play more than 5-10 games. If that.

I'd have to think this is his last year, no matter what. He could be brought back in a coaching role or something, but I can't see him playing after this year.

Of course, I also thought that last year was his final year too. Especially when he was given a PTO in camp, if I'm not mistaken. This year, he's been signed before the end of July.

I could only imagine how rusty he must look playing just 10 games a year at his age.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

I just feel GM's shouldn't give into those kind of situations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad