Attachments

• Screenshot_20181208-142405_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181208-142405_Chrome.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
thought for a moment wings were in a playoff spot but they are not because they are 6th in their division and only 5 teams per division can make it.

EDIT: looks like carolina just won and they have tie-breaker

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Hi guys. Is Abdelkader really this bad? He seems to be the most hated player on your board (i used to read your gdt's). Idk if i ever read something positive about him tbh. I know he's not a top 6 player anymore (not sure if he ever was a truly one though), but playing 18 minutes per night means he must be good at something, right? or blashill is just affraid to put one of the young guns in his spot? I can see his huge cap as a one of the reasons for hate too

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Hi guys. Is Abdelkader really this bad? He seems to be the most hated player on your board (i used to read your gdt's). Idk if i ever read something positive about him tbh. I know he's not a top 6 player anymore (not sure if he ever was a truly one though), but playing 18 minutes per night means he must be good at something, right? or blashill is just affraid to put one of the young guns in his spot? I can see his huge cap as a one of the reasons for hate too
Helm was playing on the top line with Mantha and Larkin as a forechecker and puck retriever, when he got hurt Abby took his place in that role. Then Mantha broke his hand and Bert got the 2 gamer.

He's slotted above his station and he makes too much for too long. He kills penalties and actually gives a shit about his boys, so there's the couple okay things about him. When we're fully healthy he was playing a bottom 6 role.

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
I think Abs brings an element of the style the Wings are trying to play this year which is a lot of grit. He also seems to be well liked in the room and likely is a good leader off the ice... It's just unfortunate the contract he is on makes him an easy target when he is playing bad.

Reactions: aonb

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario

He's anchoring our top line right now, as in, he is as useless as a literal anchor. For being a supposed tough guy he is extremely weak on the forchek, throws 0 hits, bad with puck battles.

Well maybe he transitioned to a more skill based game and left his previous style behind right? Wrong. He's got zero skill, zero speed, low hockey iq. But he does provide leadership I guess.

The worst part about him is his contract

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Bernier instead of Howard against the Rangers?

Looks like the tank is back on.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That fourth line. Woof. I almost forgot that Helm was out.
It's good that Cholo is on the top pair in his rookie season. Looks like we got a good pick with him.
Let's go Wings.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
He's anchoring our top line right now, as in, he is as useless as a literal anchor. For being a supposed tough guy he is extremely weak on the forchek, throws 0 hits, bad with puck battles.
Weird how he throws 0 hits yet always leads our team in hits (by a wide margin most of the time).

He does his job. Nothing fancy. Useful player slightly overpaid.

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Bernier again?
Is Howard dealing with some sort of injury or illness? Is his health being protected due to some impending trade? I could see it if Berny had just pitched a shutout or if we also played Sunday, but giving him these back to back starts makes no sense to me.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009

Well maybe he transitioned to a more skill based game and left his previous style behind right? Wrong. He's got zero skill, zero speed, low hockey iq. But he does provide leadership I guess.

The worst part about him is his contract
Accurate.

Useful player slightly overpaid.
He was called out by DRW fans and fans from other teams and "non-partisan" analysts as an awful contract at the time of the signing. He's not "slightly" overpaid. He's very much overpaid and for far too long.

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Bernier again?
Is Howard dealing with some sort of injury or illness? Is his health being protected due to some impending trade? I could see it if Berny had just pitched a shutout or if we also played Sunday, but giving him these back to back starts makes no sense to me.

I think Blash is going with what he thinks is the hot hand. Jimmy was a mess vs. Tampa and Bernier (barely) earned a nice win on Thurs. I can understand his logic.

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
Glad I get to catch the game. I like Cholowski being on that top pair. I would switch bert with abby though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad