GDT: NYI @ DET | 7:00pm EST | 4/7/18

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
It's the last game of the season. Tank commander coreau is starting against the dangerous Islanders so I think even management want to lose this one.

If anyone was planning on doing a special gdt for today because it's the last game, feel free to take this down. I was just super hyped that coreau was in net and had to post that info somewhere lol

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
Well **** me, they're actually looking to secure the draft position. Blashill, you beautiful bastard.

Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw khans tweet. You'd think they'd start the franchise goaltender in the last game of the season against a potent Islanders offense, especially when the backup has been so bad and had just played the previous game. But nope, they're going with coreau.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw khans tweet. You'd think they'd start the franchise goaltender in the last game of the season against a potent Islanders offense, especially when the backup has been so bad and had just played the previous game. But nope, they're going with coreau.

Couldn't believe it either when I read your post.

I kinda feel bad for Coreau here, but a shot at a bottom 3 finish is just so huge I can't not love this move.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
You could argue they are trying to get Coreau a win. If they were actually 'trying' to lose, they would have kept the young guys from GR up and increase their minutes as well as guys like Frk.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Fantastic news that Coreau is starting. I just snapped a photo of him finishing up his stretches in net:

swisscheeseinnet-small.jpg

Reactions: mantha39

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I wonder if that's a first - an NHL team placing a goalie on waivers, then starting him that same day.

drwings40

Dec 27, 2015
Despite Coreau has been pretty bad, it feels like he will manage to get the W tonight. LOL.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
doubtful, he'd have probably announced it like the sedins did
His contract situation means he'd have to go on LTIR (or be a cap dump trade) if he retired so announcing it early probably isn't likely.

However I can't see him hanging it up this year.. it would be very surprising. Kronwall's last game though? Could very well be.

Reactions: BinCookin

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Coreau starting? alright Blashill isn't a total idiot. Isles have a decent offense.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
i bet larkin will be against barzal tonight, no way he puts slow ass Z against him. Maybe Z gets Tavares.

maybe hell opt to just run Nielsen/glendo against them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad