Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Casey Cizikas signing with the Islanders (6 years, $2.5M AAV)

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Any time you can lock up a 30 year old 4th liner, on a 6 year contract, you gotta do it.

So, would you rather Pelech and Cizikas at combined 8.25 or Trouba and Goodrow at 11.6?

Go ahead, make a poll, I double dog dare you!!!!

17G5KfY.png

XAu532T.png

QEq3oKb.gif

Last edited:

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
With the remaining 13M or so Im gonna guess

Cizikas 2.5M
Beauvilier 4M
Palmieri 3.5M
Sorokin 3M

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So, would you rather Pelech and Cizikas at combined 8.25 or Trouba and Goodrow at 11.6?

Go ahead, make a poll, I double dog dare you!!!!

17G5KfY.png

XAu532T.png

QEq3oKb.gif

Kind of odd to use our 2nd best defenseman vs your top defenseman, but I guess whatever you gotta do to try and make yourself feel good?

All i know is that window is running out of time if it hasn't already, a team can only overachieve for so long.. tic tok..tic tok...

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Kind of odd to use our 2nd best defenseman vs your top defenseman, but I guess whatever you gotta do to try and make yourself feel good?

All i know is that window is running out of time if it hasn't already, a team can only overachieve for so long.. tic tok..tic tok...
2nd best? Trouba isn’t remotely in the same conversation with Pulock as a player so I don’t know how proud I would be about Trouba being your 2nd best defenseman.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
2nd best? Trouba isn’t remotely in the same conversation with Pulock as a player so I don’t know how proud I would be about Trouba being your 2nd best defenseman.
It's ok because Pulock isn't even in the same conversation as Fox, who is our best defenseman. See how easy that is to spin?

Reactions: scanzzilla

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island

So you're doubling down on this eh??????? We are paying our #1 $5.75 mil and your #2 is making $8 mil.........

giphy.gif

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
This should be good for a couple years, but beyond that it might get ugly. That’s a lot of term for this kind of player.

How can 2.5 get that ugly? You can bury almost half if necessary or easily cap dump that amount in trade. Guys one of the better bottom 6C and an excellent PK guy.

Reactions: abo9

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
If Palms takes less than Beau I'll be shocked. That's a massive hometown discount. I do however see a contract where the AAV is that low and it's hella long years, which would worry me a tad.

Im thinking 3.5M for 5 years

Keep in mind Palmieri last season was a 33 pts season pace.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
Is that why he couldn't build NJ after the lockout? And sattled To with terrible contracts like Marleau and Zaitsev? What has he built? He overpaid Leo Komarov and hired an excellent coach. Every other piece was in place.

Yeah he had isues since lockout but also New Jersey was bankrupt for a few year there so it wasn't just him. Also after 20+ years of playoffs every year (they missed twice i think in that span), winning 3 Cups and going to another 2 finals eventually the price of rebuild comes, as we see with Detroit now.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Im thinking 3.5M for 5 years

Keep in mind Palmieri last season was a 33 pts season pace.

Oh, I know but he's still got a pretty good track record prior to that, and scored during the playoff run. If he really wants to play for the Isles I guess that 3.5m isn't out of the realm of possibility, but I think he'll end up doing very well and outperforming that money for at least 3 of those 5 years. Feel like he could have gotten more on the open market if he wanted to (if he signs for that and is actually signed with the Isles).

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Is that why he couldn't build NJ after the lockout? And sattled To with terrible contracts like Marleau and Zaitsev? What has he built? He overpaid Leo Komarov and hired an excellent coach. Every other piece was in place.

Yup, I mean Pageau (huge boost for us) and Palmeiri were already here, Sorokin had agreed to come over, Ladd was already dished out. Pelech was signed to the best contract in the NHL already. Are five enough things to prove you are an idiot, or do we have to find more?

Reactions: slurpee addict

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Is it just me or did the Capitals start this trend of payong their quality bottom 6 players for an extended perior of time with the Lars Eller contract?

I remember everyone being shocked at the length but its still working out well for them. For sure, Cizikas is 30 but easy contract to bury/buyout/offload in 3 years if he sucks

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Yup, I mean Pageau (huge boost for us) and Palmeiri were already here, Sorokin had agreed to come over, Ladd was already dished out. Pelech was signed to the best contract in the NHL already. Are five enough things to prove you are an idiot, or do we have to find more?
You gave up 1sts for Palmieri and Pageau and signed Pageau to a bad contract.

95% of KHL stars end up coming here so I’m not sure your point.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
With the remaining 13M or so Im gonna guess

Cizikas 2.5M
Beauvilier 4M
Palmieri 3.5M
Sorokin 3M
With Boychuk's LTIR ,I think think they are at $15.5m after giving Cizikas $2.5m.

Someone who claims to have legitimate sources, visited the nyi board , posted that Beau and the team have a 3 yr /$4.1m per deal agreed upon. I don't love the term if that's true.

I do like your guess for Palms. It's $500,000-$1m less then I expect he will get.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: