Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Brock Nelson signs with the Islanders (1 year, $4.25M)

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
This is what they did with de Haan last year where they sign him to a 1 year deal to send him to ufa. Doubt this ends well.
The only way it doesn't end well is if they give him a long-term deal at 4M+ AAV
So he's basically not going to be an Islander in 19-20 unless they overpay him.
Some team that hasn't watched enough Isles games will overpay him based on production, but it won't be the team that has to watch him play every night.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Nash playing his size, two way hockey. Hard time. He one of the best PK players in the world. One of the best defensive wingers in today's game. So yeah, he finna get a fine return like first+. I'm real cool with that. Nash brings that D-game real hard. Nelson doesn't bring anything a sucka needs for the tough playoffs. Nobody will want him at the dead line mark my wise words. I've played the game and coached it.
I love you

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Islanders need to just tear it down instead of being a 9/10 team and trying to compete. Iginla and the Flames stayed good enough to push for the playoffs, but not bad enough to get high picks. It's a terrible method to rebuild a franchise.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Islanders need to just tear it down instead of being a 9/10 team and trying to compete. Iginla and the Flames stayed good enough to push for the playoffs, but not bad enough to get high picks. It's a terrible method to rebuild a franchise.
Isles have a potential #1C in Barzal.
A potential #1D in Dobson,
A potential sniper in Wahlstrom.
Potential #1G in Sorokin, Soderstrom and Skarek.

And some promising youngsters in Beau, Bellows, JHS, Wilde ,Toews, Aho

Why don't we wait and see what the isles kids bring before declaring how mediocre they are?

Last edited:

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Nash playing his size, two way hockey. Hard time. He one of the best PK players in the world. One of the best defensive wingers in today's game. So yeah, he finna get a fine return like first+. I'm real cool with that. Nash brings that D-game real hard. Nelson doesn't bring anything a sucka needs for the tough playoffs. Nobody will want him at the dead line mark my wise words. I've played the game and coached it.

Spot on. Nelson will score the SOFTEST 22 goals and 45 pts you’ll ever see. He’s not a playoff guy by any stretch, plays like a p***y even in the regular season. That said, at the deadline they’ll be be few teams that want to add ‘goals’ to their lineup; I’m certain he’ll fetch at least a 2nd and 3rd.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Crossing my fingers that Trotz can actually turn him into a better player. He floats and scores 20 a year but he needs to show effort and willingness to win. 1 year is fine because it makes him tradeable at the deadline

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
That's a good signing. UFA's always tend to have good years. They could trade him at the deadline for a 1st if there is some team desperate for scoring and he puts up 20+ goals.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The only way it doesn't end well is if they give him a long-term deal at 4M+ AAV

Some team that hasn't watched enough Isles games will overpay him based on production, but it won't be the team that has to watch him play every night.
Even if Nelson has a strong contract yr,I would be leery of overpaying him on an extension.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

ajpro20

Jul 3, 2012
Toronto, ontario
This player is the poor mans version of JVR. All offense no defense. Not the type of player that you want on your team in the show. I don't think nelson will be on this team when they are ready to contend

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Isles have a potential #1C in Barzal.
A potential #1D in Dobson,
A potential sniper in Wahlstrom.
Potential #1G in Sorokin, Soderstrom and Skarek.

And some promising youngsters in Beau, Bellows, JHS, Wilde ,Toews, Aho

Why don't we wait and see what the isles kids bring before declaring how mediocre they are?
lot of potential

Seems like the poster you quoted is exactly right and the Islanders should tear it down so when these young studs grow up the team is stronger - ompeting now does absolutely nothing for the Islanders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad