GDT: NYI at Caps. 7PM. 4.4.2013: Playoffs?!

Vladiator16*

4/4/2013

playoffs.jpg

Get in already!

Erats debute, put your best foot forward, bud!

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
It will be interesting where he plays tonight. I am going to expect him on a line with Perreault and Ward to start. I know many may expect him to go on our top line but with the way MoJo has been playing of late I think that would be a mistake.

By the way. I highly recommend everyone check out hockeyfights.com and watch Latta. As dissapointed as we are all to give up Forsberg I think this kid may be a fan favorite very soon.

QuadrupleDeke

33% more deke
Aug 6, 2009
Boston, MA
This game can swing the Caps' playoff chances to 33.1% with a loss or 56.6% with a win.

As good as the past few days have gone standings-wise, a couple losses in a row could pretty much end the season.

Gotta get 2 points.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
It will be interesting where he plays tonight. I am going to expect him on a line with Perreault and Ward to start. I know many may expect him to go on our top line but with the way MoJo has been playing of late I think that would be a mistake.

By the way. I highly recommend everyone check out hockeyfights.com and watch Latta. As dissapointed as we are all to give up Forsberg I think this kid may be a fan favorite very soon.

He's been in 72 fights since 07-08.

I watched a bunch and he has a jackhammer. Seems like he won every single one.

I agree about MJ. No chance should the break that line up.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
as always, could be a trap game.

This team could go in 2 very abstract directions:

Fold under the weight of new expectations, lose a few "must win games" right here, and miss the playoffs (a la 1996-97 team, for you history enthusists out there)

-Or-

Take this and run with it, winning a bunch in a row to solidify 3rd seed, and be a scary team in the playoffs.

I am worried about the former, so...

Isles win 5-4

That said,

Fire George

Brave Sir Robin

Jul 7, 2011
He's been in 72 fights since 07-08.

I watched a bunch and he has a jackhammer. Seems like he won every single one.

I agree about MJ. No chance should the break that line up.
Agreed. Chimera at the very least deserves to be demoted.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Lines at morning skate:
90 - 19 - 8
21 - 9 - 20
(Volpatti/Wolski, but Erat will be playing here) - 85 - 42
26 - 83 - 16

Jasper17 is a great sage.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Agreed. Chimera at the very least deserves to be demoted.

I hate to concur with that but it may do him some good. He has been awful stinky this year and not just on the scoring part. His D, forchecking etc ..pretty much everything as he is bereft of any semblance of confidence right now.

Erat really improves the 2nd, 3rd and 4th lines when you think about it.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Fehr is back in the lineup? Good to see. Not sure how well he'll do on the 4th line, but it'll probably be a good way to ease him back in.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Katie Carrera ‏@kcarrera 12m
Martin Erat is on the ice for the #Caps morning skate, looks like he’ll play on the 3rd line with Perreault and Ward tonight vs Isles.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Man, I'm excited about that 3rd line now. With Fehr back, and Erat in... that line could be something. The 2nd line has been in a little slump. Hopefully they break that tonight.

Would love to see all 3 lines score.

Jasper17

Apr 27, 2004
Lines at morning skate:
90 - 19 - 8
21 - 9 - 20
(Volpatti/Wolski, but Erat will be playing here) - 85 - 42
26 - 83 - 16

I like those lines. One thing I think Erat will do is get more production out of Perreault too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad