Eklund Rumor: NYI and Canucks talking trade?

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
you think horvat is worth two former #5OA picks, and what would be #3OA if the season ended now? :laugh:

this is why nucks proposals go nowhere

with first post, uses draft number to prove players value even though they are struggling. With next post says Virtanen worthless, but drafted 6th. Talking out of both sides of mouth confirmed. Also I wouldn't do that deal.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
NYI is not moving Devon Toews for an undrafted AHL player.

Horvat is by far the best player in the Strome, Dal Colle, 1st deal.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
NYI is not moving Devon Toews for an undrafted AHL player.

Horvat is by far the best player in the Strome, Dal Colle, 1st deal.

What do you think NYI would be trying to trade at this point seafoam?

A month back it was the Duchene rumour/price was too high. Is NYI looking for a 2C? Not in the same class, would Sutter be of interest?

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What do you think NYI would be trying to trade at this point seafoam?

A month back it was the Duchene rumour/price was too high. Is NYI looking for a 2C? Not in the same class, would Sutter be of interest?

NYI is looking for top six forwards, as is Vancouver, so I don't think they are really a good match as trade partners.

Regarding Sutter, I think NYI would view him as closer to a grinder than a skill player, so I'm not sure he'd be of interest. I'd lean no.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
not going to bait clip the clink--how would a top source in the NHL office know anything? Eklund should know better then to say "top guy in the head office" NHL head office is not in the loop for trades until the phone call is made

Unless one or more managers balked during the phone call and it was cut short. Just use your imagination, there would be some scenarios where someone in the head office would be privy to information. I'm not saying it's true, but it's shortsighted to discount it for that reason alone.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
(MOD EDIT)
Horvat is ****ing incredible. Go ahead and laugh when he wins a selke in 5 years

Last edited by a moderator:

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Not that I take anything Eklund says seriously, but would anybody in the NHL office really know whether two teams are talking trade?

Nevermind. Didn't realise this was already asked. Still can't really picture anybody in the head office knowing beforehand, though.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
NYI is looking for top six forwards, as is Vancouver, so I don't think they are really a good match as trade partners.

Regarding Sutter, I think NYI would view him as closer to a grinder than a skill player, so I'm not sure he'd be of interest. I'd lean no.

Especially right wings.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Nelson for Burrows + 2nd?

equal value players, IMO. the 2nd makes up for the age difference.

Van gets a LW/C, and Isles get a RW'er with some grit and experience.

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
with first post, uses draft number to prove players value even though they are struggling. With next post says Virtanen worthless, but drafted 6th. Talking out of both sides of mouth confirmed. Also I wouldn't do that deal.

I don't blame you. I wouldn't do that deal...but I wouldn't do it from either side. The isles invested big picks on Strome and MDC, so to trade them both before they are 24 along would hurt. On the other hand, having Horvat as the 2nd line C behind JT would look outstanding. The 'nucks don't do this bc, well plain and simple, Horvat is the best player in this deal. Quality vs Quantity debate...Strome is an NHLer. To what capacity, remains to be seen. He has talent, but is he misused? Change of scenery needed type of thing? MDC looks like he will put up 40 or so points in his first pro season. Not horrible, but not what the isles fans expected. Can he adjust? He's still only 20...but Horvat is only 21. So...yea a lot of rambling but I don't see anything around this group of players working

RookiefantasyGM

Jan 18, 2016
Vancouver
Nelson for Burrows + 2nd?

equal value players, IMO. the 2nd makes up for the age difference.

Van gets a LW/C, and Isles get a RW'er with some grit and experience.

Benning has been on record saying that he will not be trading assets for forward help this year. Some exceptions probably could be made but those exceptions would be a top 6 guy under the age of 24 one would assume.

If Benning makes a trade like this Vancouver fans will get very angry!

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
LOL Eklund, not even the guys real name, but yeah... nothing to see here...

Unless, I don't know even, I don't see a fit, Vancouver might have interest in Strome or even Dal Colle but, not sure what The Isles would be interested in from Vancouver?

Don't see a D man going back either way, and Not sure Virtanen for Dal Colle makes any sense for the Isles unless Vancouver adds.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Sounds like they want a second line center more.

Barzal will fill that role next year if he keeps up the pace he's at, plus we only have one right handed natural right wing in Clutterbuck. I think a right wing to play with JT and Lee would be better for the future of the team.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Barzal will fill that role next year if he keeps up the pace he's at, plus we only have one right handed natural right wing in Clutterbuck. I think a right wing to play with JT and Lee would be better for the future of the team.

Barzal could fill that role next year, no guarantee he does.

Lee-Tavares-Bailey is a good
first line if you have a legitmate second line.

Strome can be the third wheel on the second like (i.e. Bailey on the first line) if there is a legitimate second line center like Duchene.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
(Mod Edit)

I think he's slightly overrated by the fanbase and I disagree with some of the notions about him, namely that he's a defensive stud, but he's on pace for 50+ points as a 21 year old without getting time on the 1PP. I know this is not saying much, but he's the 2nd best player and the best forward on the team and he's been cited as someone with a serious commitment to getting better.

He absolutely has the potential be a 65-70 point center.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad