Eklund Rumor: NYI and Canucks talking trade?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don't get it.

If a dart board only has 20 spots, where does he put the other 10 teams?

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Not a chance the isles could afford Eriksson with Ladd on the books. This just seems like a thoughtless eklund rumor... don't see any deal between these two teams that is beneficial to either

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Virtanen for Ho-Sang? Has Ho-Sang soured the Islanders?

Except for Markstrom, I'd think it was Miller for Halak and a pick.

Ho-Sang has been late to training camp and to a game already in his time as an Islander. Plus we need a legit first line forward right now for JT rather than in a few years.

GoodbyeLuongo

Jun 8, 2012
Seattle
This is a common example of Eklund saying dumb stuff. It's been documented that these two teams aren't good trading partners. Both have generally the same need. The problem is that the Canucks don't have a lot of pieces with value, and the ones that do have value (Horvat, Tanev) are pretty much untouchable

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This is a common example of Eklund saying dumb stuff. It's been documented that these two teams aren't good trading partners. Both have generally the same need. The problem is that the Canucks don't have a lot of pieces with value, and the ones that do have value (Horvat, Tanev) are pretty much untouchable

There has been a rumour on other boards linking the Canucks with Ryan Strome....but the Isles would be trading him at the bottom of the market....still, a package around Strome-Hutton as the centerpieces might make some sense for both teams.

But have to generally agree....Isles and Canucks don't look like great trading partners.

Alexander Edler

Dec 9, 2015
Vancouver BC
Ho-Sang 2017 1st For Eriksson Canucks 2nd 2017

Canucks Bring in Ho-Sang who has some problems but could be moved up to nhl and NYI 1st this year

Eriksson Provides Tavares with a much needed Winger and a 2nd round pick likely to be mid 30's Canucks could retain on Eriksson too if need be

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Ho-Sang 2017 1st For Eriksson Canucks 2nd 2017

Canucks Bring in Ho-Sang who has some problems but could be moved up to nhl and NYI 1st this year

Eriksson Provides Tavares with a much needed Winger and a 2nd round pick likely to be mid 30's Canucks could retain on Eriksson too if need be
I like this deal for both teams

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I like this deal for both teams

Isles CAN NOT and WILL NOT take on another declining talent over 30 on a long term deal. Ladd is finally starting to play well and he was brought in as a veteran to slot into the top-6.

Strome-Hutton makes sense as if the Isles don't have intentions on Protecting Strome, they could bring in Hutton as a younger NHL blueliner as insurance since as of now it looks like One of Pulock/Pelech/Mayfield will be exposed in expansion and possibly taken.

Alexander Edler

Dec 9, 2015
Vancouver BC
Isles CAN NOT and WILL NOT take on another declining talent over 30 on a long term deal. Ladd is finally starting to play well and he was brought in as a veteran to slot into the top-6.

Strome-Hutton makes sense as if the Isles don't have intentions on Protecting Strome, they could bring in Hutton as a younger NHL blueliner as insurance since as of now it looks like One of Pulock/Pelech/Mayfield will be exposed in expansion and possibly taken.

Strome couldnt get you Hutton, Hutton is one of our only starlets and we wont trade Hutton for a Struggling nhler

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Eriksson always starts really slow on new teams. When he came to Boston the fans were really upset and disappointed the first few months, then he came around and won most hearts.

His style of play will also make him stay at a high level @ 30+, he will probably score 50+ points until he's 35.

3-4 months of disappointing offence doesn't mean he's over the hill, he's really not. Cerebral players last longer than those who use physical traits to elevate their game.

Tavares and Eriksson would look great together. And aside from offence, he is one of the most well-rounded two-way wingers in the NHL.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015

Lol how about leddy for Dorsett. Strome is a bust trade him to Arizona so dylan and Ryan can play in the ahl together.

buzzastodasilva

Jan 23, 2017
Barossa Valley, Aus
LOL :yo:

I think the question is who would Vegas take on if either player was exposed and Ladd I think would be picked up instead or Eriksson. If I was the GM of either team I would expose these players in a heart beat!

Yeah, neither would be wanted in Vegas. Our team does not exist simply to take bad contracts off of other teams. While I think we will work with team's to satisfy dual-needs, we are not simply going to take some average player on a ridiculous deal that another GM got horribly wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad