Confirmed with Link: Nygren NOT heading to Hamilton (post #57)

DJyellow

Sponsor
May 9, 2002
Laval
Love the way the new management is handling the development of our young prospects so far

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Do you know if this is just for the end of the season like Collberg, Vail, Archambault etc...? Or is it a permanent deal implicating a financial compensation by the Habs sent to Färjestad in order to "Erase" the year left on Nygren's contract?

strutsboa

Jan 1, 2009
Do you know if this is just for the end of the season like Collberg, Vail, Archambault etc...? Or is it a permanent deal implicating a financial compensation by the Habs sent to Färjestad in order to "Erase" the year left on Nygren's contract?
It's only for this year.

In the article it says:

"Magnus Nygren has a year left on the contract with Farjestad.
But if he plays his best over there, then Montreal, which has rights over there, would of course be interested in taking him overseas already for next season.
It turns out in the near future."

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yes, the reports are he signed a deal for next season with Färjestad.

With Beaulieu up, Nygren's offensive touch will come in handy for the Dogs.

I'm glad he's returning to the SEL. Gives him another year to improve his D which from what I understand he improved a lot compared to last season. It's a good league and he's guaranteed to get ton of icetime.

Love how the organization is taking advantage of the remaining games to give the guys some N.A. pro experience to help them build their games going into next season.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Wow, fantastic news.

He's exceeded my expectations before, so I really am curious to see what he can gain from an AHL trial. Unlike Collberg who I think is suited for smaller ice, Nygren is someone who would have to adjust to stand a chance of making the NHL, so even if he goes back to Sweden next year, this could be an important experience for him.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Pretty sure he makes a surprise appearance in the playoffs and leads us to the cup....

Honestly though, great prospect. Kind of similar to an Ellis (If we're comparing within the org.). Had an outstanding year across the deep blue. Mobile, PP QB, decent defensively, RH, not below 5'10. What's not to like? Should have a nice peek into the AHL until the rest of the year.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm guessing Nygren would not be eligible to join the Habs for the playoffs?

The article says: "Det blir endast avslutningen av AHL-grundserien som kommer spelas"... google translate: "It is only the conclusion of the AHL regular season will be played."

Dec 2, 2010
Not sure what the point is for just the handful of games. The plan is to loan him back for another season with Farjestad. Can't see the harm I guess.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
Not sure what the point is for just the handful of games. The plan is to loan him back for another season with Farjestad. Can't see the harm I guess.

Maybe the Habs see him as having developed more than expected this season? A 6 game audition in a different situation might help place him on the depth chart. I haven't seen him play, but it's conceivable that 23 year old having just enjoyed a career season in the SEL could leapfrog his way into a depth role on the big team next year.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal

Probably to have a look at them in a semi-profesisonal/professional level in order to ***** their short term and long term needs. Evaluating the prospects that could crack the line up in the near future so that the management is able to make decisions based on the organisations future. Bergevin keeps repeating it. He wants to make the Montreal Canadians a good young team with a bright future.

I reckon they're trying to project in around how much seasons these guys might make the team before doing stuff this off-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad