Confirmed with Link: Nygren NOT heading to Hamilton (post #57)

Forsead

Apr 7, 2009
Québec City
That's awful, I was looking forward to see how he does in the AHL. I have some nice expectations for this guy, I think he has every tools to be a potential steal.

Then again I think it's looking bad for him to return for his team in sweden for the next season he seems pretty pissed off...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
:(

Magnus Nygren ‏@Magnusnygrenn 46m
Sickest thing I've ever been through. I'm standing with the packing done, ready to go. When I get a call and the trip is canceled. To much yap...

Magnus Nygren ‏@Magnusnygrenn 45m
and hassle from Farjestad. Thank you so much for that, I really looked forward for this but then it blows up instead.
Expand

Magnus Nygren ‏@Magnusnygrenn 32m
I'm extremely ********** disappointed. What can go wrong? "Lack of communication". Interpret that as you want.
Expand

WTF they wont let him come? Their season is over that makes no sense...maybe the national team?

btw look at this garage door, LOL

Magnus-Nygren-416.jpg

KCrushers

Jul 15, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
WTF they wont let him come? Their season is over that makes no sense...maybe the national team?

btw look at this garage door, LOL

Magnus-Nygren-416.jpg

The problem was apperently communication issues between Magnus, his agent and Montreal. According to Färjestad GM Färjestad gave their ok 30 minutes after the request came from Montreal. Magnus has also tweeted today that no blame falls on Färjestad.

Edit: http://www.nwt.se/sport/folj_fbk/article1290094.ece
Nu visar det sig att det Montreal och farmarlaget Hamilton som tyckte att det var för mycket krångel med försäkringsfrågorna och flygresan för att det skulle vara värt jobbet enbart för sex matcher.
Rough translation:
Montreal and Hamilton thought it was too much admistrative work with insurance and flighttravels in contrast to that he only would play 6 games.

Last edited:

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
Magnus Nygren ‏@Magnusnygrenn
Too bad I did not get the truth yesterday. The one that knows the least is apparently me. Certainly not disappointed at Färjestad. So now you all know that!

It might have been issues with insurance. Färjestad said it was ok as long as he was insured.
Edit: And KCrushers confirms that above.

KCrushers

Jul 15, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Magnus Nygren ‏@Magnusnygrenn
Too bad I did not get the truth yesterday. The one that knows the least is apparently me. Certainly not disappointed at Färjestad. So now you all know that!

It might have been issues with insurance. Färjestad said it was ok as long as he was insured.
Edit: And KCrushers confirms that above.

I think Nygga needs to learn to calm down and stop making a fool of himself on Twitter.
If I were in Jönssons shoes I would be very unsure if I wanted him back even if a loan was arranged.

icing

Jun 22, 2003
Sweden
He really wanted to come over to NA, that's for sure.

Sportbladet (the sport section of the swedish newspapaer Aftonbladet) tried to reach Magnus Nygren last night, but his mobile phone was turned off.
- Last night I was so dissapointed, I threw my phone into the wall. It stopped working, Nygren says when Afonbladet calls thursday morning.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
He really wanted to come over to NA, that's for sure.

Sportbladet (the sport section of the swedish newspapaer Aftonbladet) tried to reach Magnus Nygren last night, but his mobile phone was turned off.
- Last night I was so dissapointed, I threw my phone into the wall. It stopped working, Nygren says when Afonbladet calls thursday morning.

wow, that guy really want's to come to montreal :D

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Sucks for him but his team wanted insurance and I guess I agree with that. When NHL players went there, they needed to be insured too.

Very unfortunate. I like his passion and interest. I hope he's not offended by what occurred.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Sucks for him but his team wanted insurance and I guess I agree with that. When NHL players went there, they needed to be insured too.

Very unfortunate. I like his passion and interest. I hope he's not offended by what occurred.

Same here, I think he could be very good in the NHL. He will probably get over it, it wasn't worth all the fuss for just 6 games in the AHL.

Aceekay

Oct 9, 2011
Victoria
Passion I like it.

But ya it makes sense, it's not worth the fuss just for 6 games even though I'd like to see him play.

void

Jan 5, 2006
The situation sucks but Nygren needs to calm the **** down.

Roulin

Mar 21, 2007
Montreal
The problem was apperently communication issues between Magnus, his agent and Montreal. According to Färjestad GM Färjestad gave their ok 30 minutes after the request came from Montreal. Magnus has also tweeted today that no blame falls on Färjestad.

Edit: http://www.nwt.se/sport/folj_fbk/article1290094.ece

Rough translation:
Montreal and Hamilton thought it was too much admistrative work with insurance and flighttravels in contrast to that he only would play 6 games.

Really? Curious to see if more to this story ever comes out, but the Montreal Canadiens are a pretty enormous and wealthy organization. I'd hope that Molson would pay some OT or outsource the work if the only problems were administrative.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Nygren was overreacting but I love to see how much he wanted to come over. I wasn't sure he was that interested in playing in North America, I guess he is.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I think Nygga needs to learn to calm down and stop making a fool of himself on Twitter.
If I were in Jönssons shoes I would be very unsure if I wanted him back even if a loan was arranged.

NOT a good nick name in NA, just sayin' ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->