GDT: NY Islanders @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:30PM | Kadri Scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
Jeff O'Neill on TSN saying if Horachek had of wanted to win the room he would have done something about the so-called first line (a long time ago) that never has to answer for their lack of effort.

Gary Batman

Aug 4, 2014
No Yashin, so we'll probably win.

I am expecting Leafs to win 10-0 and show Isles what a sorry excuse of a team they are. I mean, what pathetic franchise would make playoffs only once in past 7 years?

:yo:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Is this seriously a joke? Kadri will be a healthy scratch?

Peter Horachek is such a little *****, I can't wait for this scrub of a coach to get the **** out of here

Yes, Kadri was late for a meeting.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
It seems that those that can no longer play, or be a coach, they become
"Hockey Analysts."

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
If I'm the Sabres, I'm going all-in on Horachek this summer and securing McDavid + Matthews.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
If I'm the Sabres, I'm going all-in on Horachek this summer and securing McDavid + Matthews.

I think if Buffallo drafts 1st this year you start to see them pull out of tanking. They already have serious prospect depth without even considering Mcdavid.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
10f6g42.jpg

Haha I love this photo :handclap:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
I think if Buffallo drafts 1st this year you start to see them pull out of tanking. They already have serious prospect depth without even considering Mcdavid.

Yeah. I see Buffalo start to move their talented youngsters into the lineup again, maybe find some good veterans to strengthen the team. That's regardless of whether they pick McDavid or Eichel.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Jeff O'Neill on TSN saying if Horachek had of wanted to win the room he would have done something about the so-called first line (a long time ago) that never has to answer for their lack of effort.

The most alarming thing is that they aren't even split up.

It's amazing actually... I can't understand the logic.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Yeah. I see Buffalo start to move their talented youngsters into the lineup again, maybe find some good veterans to strengthen the team. That's regardless of whether they pick McDavid or Eichel.

Yep I see it the same way. You can already tell they intend to do this by how they picked up Kane and Bogo. Increased their tank odds this year but made the team better next year.

hfdshdh

Unregistered Abuser
Jan 11, 2015
I think if Buffallo drafts 1st this year you start to see them pull out of tanking.
Naw. Remember the '05-'06 Penguins? They were about as bad as the Sabres are now, and Crosby finishing second in league scoring with over 100 points still wasn't enough to keep them from drafting 2nd overall.

(and picking Jordan Staal over Jonathan Toews, bahahahaha)

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Hopefully Kessel, Bernier, Reimer, JVR and Reilly all sleep in on Tuesday before the next team meeting.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Naw. Remember the '05-'06 Penguins? They were about as bad as the Sabres are now, and Crosby finishing second in league scoring with over 100 points still wasn't enough to keep them from drafting 2nd overall.

The difference is that Buffalo won't only have McEichel incoming, they have been making sure to keep most of their youngsters away from that mess. That might change starting next season.

The most alarming thing is that they aren't even split up.

It's amazing actually... I can't understand the logic.

It's three different coaches now too. I wonder what the reason could be, because I doubt they all find it to be a good line.

leafstilldeath*

Do not agree with O'Neil much but I absolutely agree with this statement.

There is NO accountability on this team. None!

Its either Gardiner, Rielly, Holland or Kadri that ever get called out. Gallager out muscles Bozak or wins the battle in front of the net against Phaneuf: team played bad.

Yea okay............

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Don't mess with what's working.

I'm all for some tank action but I'm seriously dumbfounded how 2 NHL calibre coaches can't figure out that this supposed top line has playing some absolutely terrible hockey recent months. It's beyond putrid. Dominated at both ends of the ice and just nothing accomplished... not even on the PP! One of those coaches has a CUP RING!!!!!!!!!!!!#%TY!@$%Y@U%Y(@$JGHI!@$%YHJ!@(EG%JY!#%

I get it. Bozak and Kessel are good friends. We all get it. But it's not working out. Can someone slap some sense into Horachek so he can finally be the one that split them up for more then a shift. I can't believe the media hasn't questioned these lines. Is it so hard to ask?

Yeah, it makes me pretty mad. I'm fed up with it. Rant over.

Last edited:

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
And what exactly is wrong with that?

Just because they were hockey players on other teams, really doesn't make them experts on the Leafs, or on the coaching problems the Leafs have been experiencing.

If those Hockey Analysts were close to the Leafs, they would have a much better take on the situation, like Jokinen, whom we just traded, he thought that Leafs were first class and had no problems with the team, or the Coaches, or the GM.

Jokinen has played in a number or places and for a lot of coaches, I would say he is better equiped to talk about the Leafs, even though he was only here for a short time.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario

In a way it is good the Penguins didn't select Toews because he would have been the third line center behind Crosby and Malkin. Although, with Toews as the third line center the Penguins could have possibly won another Stanley Cup at the very least.

The Leafs have the opposite center depth...hopefully this franchise finally gets a center worthy of the first line.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I'm all for some tank action but I'm seriously dumbfounded how 2 NHL calibre coaches can't figure out that this supposed top line has playing some absolutely terrible hockey recent months. It's beyond putrid. Dominated at both ends of the ice and just nothing accomplished... not even on the PP!

I get it. Bozak and Kessel are good friends. We all get it. But it's not working out. Can someone slap Horachek upside the head so he can finally be the one that split them up for more then a shift.

Yeah, it makes me pretty mad. I'm fed up with it.

JVR (-27) -- Bozak (-23) -- Kessel (-25) +/-

JVR 7th, Kessel 10th and Bozak 14th worst. : http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/player/_/stat/points/sort/plusMinus/order/false

They all appear in the top 15 worst +/- players in the NHL this year and while we all knew they were poor defensively, now they're also no longer outscoring their own mistakes and complete liabilities 5v5.

Why any NHL coach would continue to keep them together is certainly surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Melbourne Demons @ West Coast Eagles
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,700.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Austria vs Norway
    Austria vs Norway