GDT: NXT TakeOver:WarGames (18th November 2017) - We’re going to need a bigger ring...

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
this one is different. no roof, shark cages... cant even remember if there were triple threats before. (granted only watched the wcw ones.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So theres just gonna be 2 rings all night eh. That's gonna be weird.

edit: Looked like two rings already set up, now it doesn't... idk. IDK!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Likely women's champions in order, imo:
1. Peyton Royce
2. Nikki Cross
3. Ember Moon
4. Kairi Sane

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I hope this cage is like 30 feet high.

Taynara Conti makes another appearance? she's one of the only heel females in NXT.

Um...what?

Peyton Royce, Billie Kay, Bianca Belair, Sonya Deville, and Mandy Rose (even though she's not been on TV in forever) are all heels.

Likely women's champions in order, imo:
1. Peyton Royce
2. Nikki Cross
3. Ember Moon
4. Kairi Sane

I'd put it at

1. Ember Moon
2. Nikki Cross
3. Peyton Royce
4. Kairi Sane

Ember and Nikki both have pretty heavy pushes and, importantly, still have time to spend on NXT. Royce and Kay, IMO, are main roster bound sometime in the near(ish) future. Repeatedly you see main roster women say they think they're already main roster ready. Sane, meanwhile, is too new, even with the MYC. I give the edge to Moon in that she's been so close several times and it'd make a good angle that if it wasn't for Asuka she'd be champ.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You either pull the trigger on Peyton or Ember winning the title now the other most likely won't ever win the NXT womens title due to call ups for both of them being relatively soon (post Mania)

Who ever wins is losing the title to Kairi at TakeOver : NO

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Everybody catch those rules for the WarGames match?

You either pull the trigger on Peyton or Ember winning the title now the other most likely won't ever win the NXT womens title due to call ups for both of them being relatively soon (post Mania)

Who ever wins is losing the title to Kairi at TakeOver : NO

I don't think it closes the door on Ember winning the title. In fact, I think if she wins the title tonight, it kind of makes everything look weaker. But if they do it, I'm sure they'll book the match and her in a way to make her look strong.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Everybody catch those rules for the WarGames match?

I don't think it closes the door on Ember winning the title. In fact, I think if she wins the title tonight, it kind of makes everything look weaker. But if they do it, I'm sure they'll book the match and her in a way to make her look strong.

I absolutely disagree. She came damned close to beating Asuka and Asuka had to cheat to beat her. Royce has lost to "lesser tier" talent and I still believe Cross to be one of the weakest characters on the roster (oh look, she's psychotic and jumping on people's backs and stuff!) I don't see how having the person who came a hair away from beating your previous undefeated champ were it not for that champ playing dirty picking up the belt looks weak.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
OK forgive me for my stupidity since I haven't watched NXT TV in a long ass time and only watch the specials, but what is the story with Strong teaming with AOP and has AOP turned babyface because of Undisputed?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
OK forgive me for my stupidity since I haven't watched NXT TV in a long ass time and only watch the specials, but what is the story with Strong teaming with AOP and has AOP turned babyface because of Undisputed?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I absolutely disagree. She came damned close to beating Asuka and Asuka had to cheat to beat her. Royce has lost to "lesser tier" talent and I still believe Cross to be one of the weakest characters on the roster (oh look, she's psychotic and jumping on people's backs and stuff!) I don't see how having the person who came a hair away from beating your previous undefeated champ were it not for that champ playing dirty picking up the belt looks weak.

She came close, but she didn't beat Asuka. Now, she just needed Asuka out of the way to win it? Would rather her have to beat somebody.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if anyone is going to try using the second ring to do something on the undercard

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
She came close, but she didn't beat Asuka. Now, she just needed Asuka out of the way to win it? Would rather her have to beat somebody.

She didn't beat Asuka because Asuka had to cheat to win before Moon could nail the Eclipse on her. It wasn't like Asuka had her completely outclassed in any of those matches and Moon ha sa good singles records - in terms of storyline it makes the most sense to give her the strap.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I dunno what it is about it, but I prefer the black ring apron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad