M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
15109365_1241639922541121_4414692920463966034_n.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Looks like some older marks didn't know a work when they worked a work into a shoot, brother

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Follow up tweets gave away that this was just all a work. ****ing marks :laugh: We didn't see a work. We worked a work into a worked shoot dude brother jack.

Edit: Damn GKJ beat me to that one.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
He said toronto, I said an arena. Unless you think MSG is a city in which case the facepalm would be for you. :laugh:

It's not even a bias thing, the first part is a fact and i don't think anyone would disagree with the MSG crowds being nuts when there's PPVs there.

I still remember when HBK won the title in the elimination chamber the crowd reaction for that was magic.

sure, msg might be the most historic wrestling arena, but it doesnt make it the best.

im saying tDot GETS wrestling, and truly appreciates it. you wont see us booing the heels just cuz wwe tells us too. you wont see us doing that stupid bowing to wrestlers thing, cuz we know what looks dumb. you WILL see us cheer for roman IF he does something respectable and daring in the ring, cuz we know hes putting his body on the line to entertain us, what dumb ***** would be disrespectful and boo that?

we're LOUDER, PROUDER, RESPECTFUL and (mostly) SMARTER. thats why the 6 is the mecca of wrestling.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
I've watched only the first two matches...and TM61-AoP was way better than I thought it would be. Roode-Tye was similar to their Boston house show match with a flipped result.

Probably just waiting til the right time for Revival-DIY because people I trust have hyped this like crazy with the vaunted fifth star.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
When Toronto gets TV more often then maybe it can be considered the "mecca" of wrestling. Until then, nah. This is the first year Toronto's had TV in... what? 3 years now? They get a ******** of house shows, but TV? lol. New York routinely gets like... 2-3 TV tapings and a PPV.
Yeah. Probably has nothing to do with the cost to run a show and our dollar.

Your argument is silly. England doesn't get a lot of TV and PPV and they're extremely hot. Japan has always been huge on wrestling.. Same thing applies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This was the second time Toronto had a 'live special' just this year. Although Roadblock wasn't planned when they made the date at Ricoh.

Ugh, Dave Meltzer 'only' gives DIY/Revival II another 4.5-star rating. Respect to the man, but c'mon! That's the same thing their first match got!

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If they named their finish the Meltzer Machine it would have gotten five stars.

Yeah. Probably has nothing to do with the cost to run a show and our dollar.

Your argument is silly. England doesn't get a lot of TV and PPV and they're extremely hot. Japan has always been huge on wrestling.. Same thing applies.

We're not talking about hot crowds, someone argued Toronto is the Mecca of wrestling.

Don't give me our dollar as an excuse when Ottawa has gotten a televised event every year for the past 5 years straight and Montreal routinely gets TV, this one being the first year in about 5 years they don't get TV.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
From an outside perspective... Pittsburgh has a lot of history but I wouldn't put it in the top 5. So I feel I can comment on this.

NY City, Montreal, Toronto, Chicago, Philly. Those cities right there all compete for top spot, but I would honestly put Toronto towards the end of the group. And just because WWE tries to make us forget about the south, we cannot simply ignore some of the great southern cities that lived/died with wrestling.

I would put a top 10 of this:

1) NY City
2) Chicago
3) Philly
4) Montreal
5) Boston
6) Houston
7) Toronto
8) Atlanta
9) LA
10) Pittsburgh (Homer pick)

And I left all of overseas out,but I do think England should get a shout out. If I had to add overseas to the list, we'd have to talk about cities in Japan and England

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto is the mecca is wrestling in the same way that Vince was going to give up on Roman Reigns being the face of the company if it hadn't gotten over by this Survivor Series.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And the only people who call it the 6 are generally outsiders.

Born and raised in Toronto and I've never heard it used in real life.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
I know a girl who refers to it as the six and she lives there. I find those people to just be annoying on purpose lol.

If I understand correctly, it is a marketing stunt done by Drake. He tried to give Toronto a "cool" nickname so he can look more like the credible rappers from real cities and make people forget he is a ***** who played in Degrassi: THe New Generation.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Degrassi is the #1 way I remember him.

When I was growing up, 'the 6' was a train in New York

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They switched the title to Joe just so they could continue the program.

They really love dragging these things out.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto
If I understand correctly, it is a marketing stunt done by Drake. He tried to give Toronto a "cool" nickname so he can look more like the credible rappers from real cities and make people forget he is a ***** who played in Degrassi: THe New Generation.

Did Drake steal your girl or something??? Lol, no need for hate.

And you guys can hate on Toronto all you want, but I'm PROUD of my city and PROUD to be from here. I stand by what I said - Toronto is the mecca of wrestling. Plenty of reasons given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad