GDT: NXT Takeover Phoenix (26th January 2019)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
(evil laughter) I convinced my buddy to pick me up from the airport and go directly to Takeover. 1st row lower bowl seats opened up as well for cheaper than I paid for 2nd level for WarGames. Now I'm giving him the Cliffs' Notes on who's who in NXT. He is a big UFC fan, so he is familiar with Riddle/Baszler so that'll help.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
(evil laughter) I convinced my buddy to pick me up from the airport and go directly to Takeover. 1st row lower bowl seats opened up as well for cheaper than I paid for 2nd level for WarGames. Now I'm giving him the Cliffs' Notes on who's who in NXT. He is a big UFC fan, so he is familiar with Riddle/Baszler so that'll help.

Lucky bastars :laugh:

Have fun ;)

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It seems like the time for Shayna to drop it so that they can do a 3v3 feud, but I think that feud would actually be bigger than the title because all of the top women are in it. No one else would then be on Bianca’s level, but I feel like Io Shirai should be the next one at the top. If they’re doing 2 Takeover-level women’s feuds that’s fine with me.

When I’ve been to takeovers, my friend who doesn’t really watch NXT obviously doesn’t know everyone and by the time some get to the main roster doesn’t remember having seen them. but he’s always glad I don’t let him talk himself out of it. I sense you’ll have the same experience.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
On the NXT go home show they kept hyping Belair as being undefeated... I'm guessing they're going to want to keep that going?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On the NXT go home show they kept hyping Belair as being undefeated... I'm guessing they're going to want to keep that going?
It's basically her gimmick, but she hasn't had the matches at the top to make it mean much.

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
Anyone think that Bazler drops the belt tonight and shows up at the Rumble tomorrow night?

That's more or less what I implied on the previous page. Belair has more to gain by winning the title at this stage than Baszler does retaining it.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
I am super excited for this just like I am for every Takeover.

I think Riddle/Ohno will be a good match but I would have LOVED to see a Cole/Velveteen match here instead.

Not the end of the world but it goes to show you how stacked the roster has become

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Won’t be able to watch :(

Let me know how it goes

tenor.gif

url

Feb 24, 2017
Pat McAfee has certainly taken an interesting path.

The rare punter an NFL team uses a draft pick on pays off and is a multiple time Pro Bowler who then retires relatively early(due to injuries and surgeries, mind you), and within a few years is working for the WWE as an NXT panelist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad