GDT: NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II - August 20, 2016

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
If any of those places were to get a big show it would be Melbourne or Sydney.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That seems pretty early in the tour to do the Takeover. You'd think you want it close or at the end as to promote it in that country.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I think Gargano can be a mega star in this company if they do it right. Great athlete, handsome guy, reliable, experienced, he's already got his own brand that people love. Not saying he's world champ material but I don't see why he can't be a top baby face in the company.

To me it's pretty obvious, have them do a lengthy run as a face tag team while slow burn teasing a Ciampa heel turn. Have them be best friends, ringside at each others matches. Maybe have them butt heads every so often so the tension is always there, but play it off as a friendly rivalry. Eventually Ciampa turns and they can have a lengthy blood feud a la Owens/Zayn.

They've basically got a slam-dunk 2 year plan in front of them that results in Gargano being one of the best sympathetic babyfaces they have on the roster.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I think Gargano can be a mega star in this company if they do it right. Great athlete, handsome guy, reliable, experienced, he's already got his own brand that people love. Not saying he's world champ material but I don't see why he can't be a top baby face in the company.

To me it's pretty obvious, have them do a lengthy run as a face tag team while slow burn teasing a Ciampa heel turn. Have them be best friends, ringside at each others matches. Maybe have them butt heads every so often so the tension is always there, but play it off as a friendly rivalry. Eventually Ciampa turns and they can have a lengthy blood feud a la Owens/Zayn.

They've basically got a slam-dunk 2 year plan in front of them that results in Gargano being one of the best sympathetic babyfaces they have on the roster.

If he can be a top baby face, then he should be world champ material.

But you're right, Gargano can definitely be all of that. The only thing he lacks is the size to get over in Vince's head.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
If he can be a top baby face, then he should be world champ material.

But you're right, Gargano can definitely be all of that. The only thing he lacks is the size to get over in Vince's head.

And that's the problem, he'll likely get throw into the Cruiserweight division on Raw and be ineligible for the Universal title.

Not sure why they haven't addressed this on Raw. Steph announces the Cruiserweight division, a week later she announces that Raw needs a HEAVYWEIGHT champion on Raw....and the first guy to win the Universal title weighs 190 pounds soaking wet.

Unless they want to grandfather it in where all guys currently on the roster are considered eligible for the Universal Title, and guys introduced via the Cruiserweight division are considered Cruiserweights.

Cruiserweight division is such a catch-22. Sounds great on paper, until you realize moments like Yestlemania and MitB 2011 never would have happened if it had been around.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Gargano's best path might be to stay in DIY and keep getting over.

Tag scene is thinner on all shows but still gets featured. If he goes singles out of the gate he might ether get lost in the mid card on SD or regulated to the cruiserweights on RAW

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd merge them, but then we'd be at exactly 1001 posts, so then we'd just have to make a new one.

Couple of interesting points from the NXT house show:

-Andrade Cien Almas worked heel (and lost) against Oney Lorcan
-Bobby Roode beat Riddick Moss, and Moss has been heel on the house show circuit.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd just leave this one going since it's the most recent. It was the more GLORIOUS show after all.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Aliyah has a pretty cool submission that I don't think I've seen any time that I can recall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad