Nurse vs Hamilton vs Jones

Which one of these three defenders would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
It depends on the team.

On New Jersey, I'd prefer Hamilton. Best regular season D-man. His inability to elevate his intensity for the playoffs isn't super important for them, they'd be happy just to get in.

On the Oilers, Seth Jones quite easily. He's a fantastic open-ice player that does especially well playing with talent, and obviously miscast in Columbus. He'd be scoring 70+ pts a year with McDavid and Draisaitl, and his playoff track record is absolutely stellar.

Nurse I wouldn't have as my #1 pick for any team, but if he gets more strong years under his belt then perhaps he will change my mind. I think the Oilers took a bad risk signing him to that contract this early.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Jones is the most Hedman like (controlling and impacting the game) with Nurse then Hamilton.

Actually think all contracts are fair and all GMs got it right. Regardless of the price increase that #1 D command.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
It depends.

Chicago needs a defenceman but trading Boqvist for that might be just ridiculous. We'll see.

Devils needed an offensive and right-handed defenceman who can shield Severson+Subban down the lineup.

Edmonton needs a defenceman. Like any of them.

They're all winners.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hamilton. And he ain't that great neither.

Will be curious to see what Jones' numbers look like with more offensive talent and mindset.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm an Oiler fan who voted Jones, because I've liked him for a long time. I definitely think that Nurse deserves more credit than he's gotten in this thread. He wasn't just some fringe top line Dman. He was in the top tier.

Now, I would agree that Nurse has only been in that conversation for one season, and an odd shortened one at that. He was a top pairing guy the year before too though, although that was also a shortened, strange season. So yes, he's overpaid.

But, I have followed Nurse as well, and him getting to a top level was not a shock. He's gotten better every year. He's at an age where he is just entering his prime. If he were UFA, there would a much larger group of teams that would give him that contract than you people would think.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Hamilton and it’s not even close. He’s the best player out of the 3 and getting paid what he should based upon his metrics and production.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
Jones
Nurse
Hamilton.

Hamilton most overrated player in the league. Ask any Flames or Bruins fan. Like him as a person but as a player he looks lost. Not someone who can carry a dcore.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Jones
Nurse
Hamilton.

Hamilton most overrated player in the league. Ask any Flames or Bruins fan. Like him as a person but as a player he looks lost. Not someone who can carry a dcore.
A Flames and Bruins fan knows about the player he used to be, not the one he is now. He's been in Carolina for three seasons, a lot can and has changed in that time.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad