Nurse vs Hamilton vs Jones

Which one of these three defenders would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I'll gladly take Nurse as someone who watches him every night. Hamilton is a good player though.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
The best player with the lowest cap-hit...

I mean this poll will get locked for being too lopsided in about 5 minutes lol.

Reactions: bh53 and Figgie

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Hamilton is the best player at the lowest cap hit. Obviously you take him.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
It's a joke that Nurse, Jones and Werenski are making more than Hamilton and Makar.

Werenski is definitely overpaid by like ~1.5 mil but at least you're only paying him until he's 30 rather than until 35 for Jones, 34 for Nurse, and he's a better player

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
There is more to a player than just his contract numbers or point totals. To me, these are all good youngish 1 or 2 Dmen. However, Hamilton has been traded twice and left another team. He did not get a long well with coach/management and some players for the Bruins. I'm guessing the same thing happened in Calgary otherwise they hold onto him.

Seth Jones has been traded twice as well now. By all accounts he isn't a problem team mate or anything but obviously a little more to deal with than your average player.

Give me the guy that is loved by his team mates, management, and fans. Stayed loyal to the team that drafted him. I think Nurse would contribute the most to his team winning a cup than the other two. I take him. All great individual players though.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
There is more to a player than just his contract numbers or point totals. To me, these are all good youngish 1 or 2 Dmen. However, Hamilton has been traded twice and left another team. He did not get a long well with coach/management and some players for the Bruins. I'm guessing the same thing happened in Calgary otherwise they hold onto him.

Seth Jones has been traded twice as well now. By all accounts he isn't a problem team mate or anything but obviously a little more to deal with than your average player.

Give me the guy that is loved by his team mates, management, and fans. Stayed loyal to the team that drafted him. I think Nurse would contribute the most to his team winning a cup than the other two. I take him. All great individual players though.

The reason Dougie got moved was always dumb and him walking out of Carolina because they lowballed the f*** out of him isn't a negative

lol I would too if they're handing me that contract.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Jones, but they’re all overpaid. None of these guys are winners, let’s see if they can change that, I’ll be damned called a grown man Dougie.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'd take Jones. I don't get how he gets so much shit while Hamilton seems to just have criticism's glide off of him.

Dabruins

Mar 15, 2003
Canada
The reason Dougie got moved was always dumb and him walking out of Carolina because they lowballed the f*** out of him isn't a negative

lol I would too if they're handing me that contract.

My man, teams don't trade their own drafted stud players unless there are off ice issues (trouble with law, personal life stuff, negative locker room stuff etc). Hamilton never gelled with the Bruins tight locker room full of leaders. It's not a coincidence that Hamilton hasn't played more than 3 seasons for any team in his 9 year career so far. I don't think you win cups with people like Dougie Hamilton, just my opinion. We will see how he does in Jersey.

Reactions: SpitfireG

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Seth Jones' contract is actually good value. 26 years old and one of the best D-men in the league.

Then probably Hamilton since his contract is both shorter term AND AAV than Nurse.

Then Nurse

Jones > Hamilton > Nurse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad