Nurse vs Hamilton vs Jones

Which one of these three defenders would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Hamilton without any hesitation

Weird I took Nurse and would have Jones next but yes Hamilton is so awesome that I'm sure his 4th team will keep him for a while.

Fantasy pools it's Hamilton though.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Hamilton very easily. Which is sad because all three of those contracts are Norris caliber size deals and none of them are Norris caliber D (as of now).

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Where is the neither one option , not at those prices . Cale Makar gets less and is way better than any of these guys and only going to get better , Miro same . The stupid Jones offer opened up a can of worms .

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Hamilton is the best right now. He’s also the oldest. I think Jones/Nurse could grow a lot in the next 2 years, which is where Hamilton is now in his development.

I’ve never been the biggest analytics guy but Jones has some of the worst in the league, and it’s not like his stat line exactly jumps off the page either.

I’d go Hamilton>Nurse>Jones but there’s not a massive gap anywhere in there- all 3 are pretty close.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Hamilton is the only one of the trio that I consider worth of big his contract and he's also the cheapest one so....

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Tough between Hamilton and Nurse. Hamilton is better offensively but Nurse is better defensively. Nurse plays a far nastier game while Hamilton has been accused of not using his size well.

I'd take Hamilton for his offense and slightly cheaper.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Probably Jones or nurse based on them being 2 years younger than Hamilton.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
If we're taking cap hits into account I think we should also take team flexibility into account.

Clearly it's Hamilton. CHI + EDM are both over the cap as it stands and the Devils will have like another 30M and no UFAs next off-season. They even have the assets to send Hamilton to the moon if he ends up sucking.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Tough between Hamilton and Nurse. Hamilton is better offensively but Nurse is better defensively. Nurse plays a far nastier game while Hamilton has been accused of not using his size well.

I'd take Hamilton for his offense and slightly cheaper.

Nurse has consistently put up poor defensive numbers his entire career. Dougie has put up good numbers even away from Slavin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad