Nurse fixes Polak's nose, Oilers lose 3-0

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Replacement said:
The difference being that Palooser guy wasn't ever going to be dropping his gloves was he?

Classic chicken **** turtle on that play after being the clear instigator in the whole sequence.

No problems with what Polak does there. Guy trying to turtle after all that, drop him.
See what you want to see, I guess. Clean hit on Polak and then Polak goes at him after the whistle. There is no "stick in his grill" like you said earlier. Skip to :50 to see the zoomed in angle. They are pushing and then Polak whips his gloves off and drops him.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Man you'd think Nurse beat the crap out of Nathan Gerbe or something with some of the posts on the main board. Talk ****, get hit. Polak is a puss.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
See what you want to see, I guess. Clean hit on Polak and then Polak goes at him after the whistle. There is no "stick in his grill" like you said earlier. Skip to :50 to see the zoomed in angle. They are pushing and then Polak whips his gloves off and drops him.

Palooser gives Polak 3 different shots to the head while holding his stick, right hand at the knob, and left hand around 1 foot up shaft, giving Polak lumber, shoving him.

Gee, I've played hockey. That is ALWAYS going to result in a fight. What does Palooser think is going to happen there. Pats on back and good times?

Polak did when any hockey bruiser would do there. Decked him.

Hey, I'm not calling out Nurse or Polak to be clear. But the Polak outcry here is just in response to the outcry about Nurse among some grumbling fans on other boards. Really has nothing to do with either player and could probably be viewed as such.

Everybody just reacting

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
For the last how many years I have read on this board team mates don't stand up for themselves anymore. Now one does and it's a bad thing?

I just don't get this board sometimes.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
For the last how many years I have read on this board team mates don't stand up for themselves anymore. Now one does and it's a bad thing?

"I hate being bipolar, it's awesome."

:sarcasm:

I don't get it either. We've been crying about how soft this team is, and now that they're showing some nuts, people are upset. :dunno:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

I don't either. Not one person is describing it as a bad thing..

What I was arguing is that neither Nurses action or Polaks action in hilited reels is atypical at all. But both end up having to look over their shoulders for it. The price you pay in pro hockey. Live with the sword...

nothing else really going on. every dog has its day and sometimes you land and sometimes you eat fists.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
"I hate being bipolar, it's awesome."

:sarcasm:

I don't get it either. We've been crying about how soft this team is, and now that they're showing some nuts, people are upset. :dunno:

Nobody here is upset about Nurse having balls. People upset about it are not Oiler fans..you know, posters on other boards.

stop conflagrating you guys are giving me a headache.;)

Hey I love the new team tough ethic. You should get that from my comments on Maroon and Kass.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
I don't either. Not one person is describing it as a bad thing..

What I was arguing is that neither Nurses action or Polaks action in hilited reels is atypical at all. But both end up having to look over their shoulders for it. The price you pay in pro hockey. Live with the sword...

nothing else really going on. every dog has its day and sometimes you land and sometimes you eat fists.

Fair enough, I wasn't quoting you ;)

I don't care if it was a dirty/1 game suspension play by Nurse. What I do care about is the Oilers are sticking up for themselves. I would be happy to see this kinda thing every game from the Oilers. Teams have been taking runs at our players for years, and times are changing. I love this play by Nurse, dirty or not!

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Yeah, I didn't necessarily mean you either, Replacement.

Nothing is more frustrating over on the mains than people who adamantly argue that no one hates the Oilers, and any ill will we perceive is a figment of our imaginations. That **** is ****ing infuriating. Try walking a mile in Oiler fan shoes and tell me that nonsense.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
The fans will of course have their own opinions and many have gone out of their to vilify Nurse and call him every name under the sun, but I'm certain his teammates appreciated his intentions far more than the fans ever will.

I remember a rookie Matt Greene jumping some tough guy from (I think) the Sabres in a similar manner in front of the net, just grabbed him and started speedbagging him before the guy knew what was going on. As I recall, fans here fully in his corner at the time for his take no prisoners attitude.

Rookie Nurse reminds me a lot of rookie Greene in that he's a hyper-aggressive kid who's having rookie struggles in his own end, but Nurse is a FAR superior skater.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I honestly don't even care what other fans or posters on HFmains think. Being a bunch of soft *****es has gotten us nowhere. Zero respect, other teams taking liberties with our stars, and perennial bottom feeders. As Einstein said, insanity is....

If they hate us now, man are they ever really going to hate us in the next couple of years. I love what Chia is starting to assemble and I think the vast majority of Oiler fans support him. We finally have a unified vision of how this team should be built.

Even those Oil fans in the minority that disagree with what Nurse did (Polak had it coming imo), can agree they like that we are getting tougher and playing with more pride.

The Perfect Human*

Man you'd think Nurse beat the crap out of Nathan Gerbe or something with some of the posts on the main board. Talk ****, get hit. Polak is a puss.

When did Polak talk ****? If anything he was likely trying to explain to whichever Oiler that he didn't even touch Hendricks or barely touched him. Highly doubt he was talking **** in that situation.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Funny thing is Sharks fans keep mentioning Haley being in for next game as though he's going to tune in Nurse. He's a tough guy, but not exactly a monster (5'10 205). Best known for his antics against the Pens in that line brawl 5 years ago where he beats up Adams (iirc), then skates down the ice to fight the Pens goalie.

Really? This is the guy we're supposed to be scared of? The only thing I'd make sure to do is have Kassian and Maroon with McDavid. Dress Gazdic that night too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Funny thing is Sharks fans keep mentioning Haley being in for next game as though he's going to tune in Nurse. He's a tough guy, but not exactly a monster (5'10 205). Best known for his antics against the Pens in that line brawl 5 years ago where he beats up Adams (iirc), then skates down the ice to fight the Pens goalie.

Really? This is the guy we're supposed to be scared of? The only thing I'd make sure to do is have Kassian and Maroon with McDavid. Dress Gazdic that night too.

I'm guessing it's more like Haley would be going after our skill players that game.

Then again, these situations are always more tame than people expect. The league clamps down on retribution big time. Nurse will be suspended and that will be the end of it. If anyone tries anything that game the refs will bury that team the whole game.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

They should dress Kessy too.

you-want-a-piece-of-me-o.gif

alberta oilers

Sep 8, 2015
Who cares what Nurse did to Polak. The league better get used to it. I was mentioning during the game how San Jose was having their jollies running the Oilers all night. It was long overdue that someone got a beat down. Dont really care which POS got it.

What should be the debate it that Piece of cr@p Byfuglien in Winnipeg. All I hear is crickets after his deliberate knee on knee hit on Davidson. Nurse beat up a player and everyone goes ballistic. Polak gets a bloody nose and Davidson is out for the season.

Boo F***ing Hoo if the rest of the league doesn`t like it.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets fan in peace here. Would love to see some of that emotion that Nurse showed from some of the Jets. Lame how the Sharks all looked at the refs instead of evening the score.

Our new shiny toy- Dano- almost had his head knocked off last game and nobody stuck up for him.

I wouldnt be surprised to see if the Oil goes on a bit of a run after this.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
I'm guessing it's more like Haley would be going after our skill players that game.

Then again, these situations are always more tame than people expect. The league clamps down on retribution big time. Nurse will be suspended and that will be the end of it. If anyone tries anything that game the refs will bury that team the whole game.
Refs don't call penalties for cheap shots on the Oilers. Dirty hits and illegal hits on the Oilers is apparently legal.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Listening to Maroon's postgame comments and comparing them to Eberle's postgame comments, it's blatantly obvious which one is unaccustomed to losing and which one has been beaten down by it.

With Maroon it was about not accepting losing and fighting back.

With Eberle he just trotted out the tired "we need to find a way to bear down" cliche that the supposed young leadership on this team have served out for what seems like forever now. I swear, if I hear the "we need to find a way..." copout phrase one more time I am going to freaking lose my mind.

At the beginning of the year, Eberle was being touted as one of the candidates for the Oilers captaincy. IMO he can pretty much forget getting that letter this summer now.

Eberle has become a product of the Shawn Horcoff legacy.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
We should honestly all stay out of that **** show mainboard thread. No matter what logic gets posted there, Oiler fans just get heat no matter what.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
Who cares what Nurse did to Polak. The league better get used to it. I was mentioning during the game how San Jose was having their jollies running the Oilers all night. It was long overdue that someone got a beat down. Dont really care which POS got it.

What should be the debate it that Piece of cr@p Byfuglien in Winnipeg. All I hear is crickets after his deliberate knee on knee hit on Davidson. Nurse beat up a player and everyone goes ballistic. Polak gets a bloody nose and Davidson is out for the season.

Boo F***ing Hoo if the rest of the league doesn`t like it.

The Davidson injury was a complete accident...

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think I've settled on the idea that Polak was trying to interfere with Nurse on the change and that's what sparked it.

Does anyone remember what game it was that Nail was interfered with getting off on a change and it caused a too many men? probably not....that was months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad