Post-Game Talk: Nurse and Bouchard played their best OHL games of the season

Who had the worst performance of the night?

• Total voters

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Kass had 4 hits in about a dozen minutes of play and was Even. Not defending him, just mentioning that in comparison several Oilers were worse than invisible, several were very visible, in pretty awful ways.

That this all occurred in a BOA is unfathomable. The team shouldn't be practicing today, they should be having physical exams to see where their tin heart is or if they have one. The Oilers were cuckolded on ice. Would you even fight for such a team?
I wouldn't fight for a team whose ownership and front office doesn't give a f***, no. Kassian's entire reason for being on this team is to go and intimidate other players. Needless to say nothing of the sort occurred. He's a waste of a roster spot and a microcosm of everything wrong with this team.

As for the rest of the team, they got their asses kicked. Not necessarily brushing it off but sometimes those things happen. It only hurts because it was our chief rival on national TV. I certainly recall a number of games where we blasted the Flames in their own barn for everyone to see. I don't know why you'd be cheering on playoff ghost Johnny Gaudreau when he's been to the second round exactly once since he arrived in Calgary.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
It hearts my Heart that Johnny Gaudreau was +4 in this game and McD and Drai were -4. Nuge and Kass were the only even Oilers in the game and Kass got benched because he didn't stand up to Lucic and Coleman one week after coming back from having his face broken.

Meanwhile physical players like Nemo, Archibald, Malone, now Kass are out of the lineup after the Oilers got bitch slapped all over the ice in Calgary.

McD didn't even get an EV point on Saturday. from beginning to end his play consisted of him taking puck and trying to walk through 4 Flames and turning it over. Occasionally he would get close to the net and some semblance of a shot. He couldn't be more ineffective.

Drai had the worst game in which a player scored a hat trick that I've ever seen. EVAR ;)
Yah, sometimes the puck just goes in for you, not matter what you do out there, especially so for the uber talented. Brett Hull made a living off that.:D Other times you can play a great game, get a lot of shots, and either have shitty luck or you have to tip you hat to the goalie.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I wouldn't fight for a team whose ownership and front office doesn't give a f***, no. Kassian's entire reason for being on this team is to go and intimidate other players. Needless to say nothing of the sort occurred. He's a waste of a roster spot and a microcosm of everything wrong with this team.

As for the rest of the team, they got their asses kicked. Not necessarily brushing it off but sometimes those things happen. It only hurts because it was our chief rival on national TV. I certainly recall a number of games where we blasted the Flames in their own barn for everyone to see. I don't know why you'd be cheering on playoff ghost Johnny Gaudreau when he's been to the second round exactly once since he arrived in Calgary.
If the Oilers had not shown up against a team like Carolina, Florida, in which we have no natural rivalry, I could give a toss, say that such things happen. But for this club to play shitty against the Flames 3/4 games this season, and have the worst EV game in franchise history, against Calgary is completely unacceptable. The only valid response tonight from fans would be not showing up or letting them hear about Saturday night.

The team made a mockery of a Canadian tradition. they did it with the nation watching.

Nobody is cheering Gaudreau. Just commenting he had a more effective game than any of our generational stars did.

Reactions: ZJuice

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
If the Oilers had not shown up against a team like Carolina, Florida, in which we have no natural rivalry, I could give a toss, say that such things happen. But for this club to play shitty against the Flames 3/4 games this season, and have the worst EV game in franchise history, against Calgary is completely unacceptable. The only valid response tonight from fans would be not showing up or letting them hear about Saturday night.

The team made a mockery of a Canadian tradition. they did it with the nation watching.

Nobody is cheering Gaudreau. Just commenting he had a more effective game than any of our generational stars did.
I mean...

Not that long ago we put up a snowman in Calgary's barn and beat them every which way with the entire nation watching. Honestly, losing to the Flames hurts about as much as losing to the New York Islanders at this point. The rivalry is dead, completely murdered by Covid.

Good for Gaudreau to show up. Sure hope he can actually do it when it matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad