Proposal: Number 2 pick

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Let me ask you this , now please don't think I don't want to pick. but there will be teams that might want to trade up.

if a team were to trade up, what would you accept before you would think about trading down.

would you accept more picks, current real ready players, force a team to take some of the salary were trying to get rid of.

now as said, we were handed a gift to pick this high for a true possible elite player and I'm with all of you and just do it.

But if hextall get an incredible deal do you take it.

DopeyFish

Mitchy McDangles
Nov 17, 2009
Leafs fan here

Keeping the pick is absolutely the best idea for your team. Especially if you're getting Hischier.

Mar 15, 2011
NJ
Congrats Flyers fans. I look forward to discussing Nolan vs Nick for years; No matter who gets who! Now let's celebrate!

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Gotta keep the pick. That second pick will be one of Hischier or Patrick. That is a potential #1 center. That is what we are truly missing in our lineup, a replacement for Giroux.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I thought about swapping first rounders with LV if they agree to take amac in exp. draft. Thoughts?

my mind is set on using the pick.

But I have to entertain the idea if there is a sucker team and hextall seems he is good at getting alot in a trade.

is it possible, he could really sucker a team in to getting him an unbeliveable offer that he can't refuse.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We've just been handed a chance to draft a ready made star in our most lacking position. Why would we decline this?

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
We've just been handed a chance to draft a ready made star in our most lacking position. Why would we decline this?

It's a conversation. None of us are Hextall. We will not trade the pick. This board struggles with entertaining ideas for the sake of entertainment.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
MacDonald sucks but his contract isn't nearly as big of a road block as this fanbase seemingly thinks. Other than overpaying for some free agents there isn't a great need for his contract to be off the books these next two years.

No need to buoy any value piece with that contract. The final year when some current players need to be paid then a buyout is feasible.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Realistically it would only make sense for a young #1C, because that is what you are passing on and that is the biggest organizational need. And I'm not sure why another team would make that trade, unless they didn't want to commit to a long term contract for that player.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I think we'll keep the pick, unless some team offers something incredible. Would listen, but happy with keeping the pick.

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007

Exactly!!!

The only way I'd even consider moving this pick would be for one of the top 3 picks from last year and that's not very likely

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Different sport but Bears gave 49ers the 3rd overall, their 3rd and 4th rounders this year and a 3rd next year just to select 2nd.

I would keep the pick with such an offer but some team might offer something too good to pass up. Colorado and Vancouver maybe?

Ultimate teaser would be dropping 2-3 spots this year but getting their first next year.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I thought about swapping first rounders with LV if they agree to take amac in exp. draft. Thoughts?

Not a chance... :shakehead

MacDonald isn't a real issue... we're not getting a worse player in the draft to solve a problem that doesn't exist. He'll be gone soon enough and has no negative effect on the future of this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad