OT: Nude Avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
After reading the reactions, I'm glad I never really watched that show.

We did just finish Breaking Bad on Sunday... I don't really want to watch any of show now... :(

Oh good you finished BB! Damn good show, right?

I never watched How I met your mother. Every clip or scene I've seen thru the years never captured me enough to want to watch more :dunno:

For me, Walking dead was great on Sunday. The show never lets me down.

I've been watching The Americans since day one and enjoy the story and twists.

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
[spoil] I'm sure he was, because the rest of the show was basically used to punch the viewer in the face over and over again how it wouldn't end up. And then that's how it ends up :facepalm: And at that point, it was too late to redeem a possible reunion between Ted and Robin because we've seen it fail SO. MANY. TIMES.[/spoil]

Let's just say, I'm glad I marathoned the first 7 years of that show in one summer on Netflix, because I'd be a lot more pissed if I had been watching since 2005 :laugh:

[spoil]SPOILERS: I watched from the first episode, nine years of buildup to that episode and less than a minute after she dies Ted's going to hookup with Robin. I would've ended it at the umbrella scene at the train station so the moment he meets her is the conclusion. I thought the flash forwards and telling the Ted/Mother love story in reverse leading up to their meeting was cool but they should've ended it there.[/spoil]

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
A general reminder to, as a courtesy, use spoiler tags when talking recently aired season or series finales, so like so: [noparse][spoil]your post with spoilers[/spoil][/noparse].

Clock

May 13, 2006
[spoil]SPOILERS: I watched from the first episode, nine years of buildup to that episode and less than a minute after she dies Ted's going to hookup with Robin. I would've ended it at the umbrella scene at the train station so the moment he meets her is the conclusion. I thought the flash forwards and telling the Ted/Mother love story in reverse leading up to their meeting was cool but they should've ended it there.[/spoil]

[spoil]That would've been better, but HIMYM's writers got off on twists and bends so much that they probably couldn't help themselves. I can't wait to watch this. Seriously, she just dies and he gets with Robin at the end of the day? Ugh.[/spoil]

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
[spoil]That would've been better, but HIMYM's writers got off on twists and bends so much that they probably couldn't help themselves. I can't wait to watch this. Seriously, she just dies and he gets with Robin at the end of the day? Ugh.[/spoil]

[spoil] They don't even say how she dies, then right after that the kids say it sounds like Ted has the hots for Aunt Robin. He goes to her apartment for a date and /series. The mother was just a vector for Ted's kids as I see it, giving him something Robin couldn't. The real problem I have is how they completely disregarded character development, with Ted and Robin reverting back to their Season 1 identities. Might as well call it "How I Settled for Robin." [/spoil]

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
I am so pissed off at HIMYM, I want to fight someone.

[spoil]They filmed the ending 6 years ago because of worries that the show might get canned. THAT ENDING IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE - I hate the writers.[/spoil]

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Still, it's a cult classic.

"The journey was amazing, the destination was a let-down."

The show is extremely popular, has won a bunch of awards and has been super high grossing. I'd hardly call it a cult show. :p:

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
The show is extremely popular, has won a bunch of awards and has been super high grossing. I'd hardly call it a cult show. :p:

Obviously not the same "cult" as Seinfeld is, for instance. More of a 21st century cult classic.

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Oh good you finished BB! Damn good show, right?

Can't say that I've ever watched a better TV series.

I'm looking forward to Better call Saul this year, I really like Saul and Mike's characters.
I'm not overly optimistic that it will be 'great', just hoping it's good.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Just rearranged my cubicle. It's like a brand new work space!

58328d1393611175t-tumblr_mded1mkltp1qfvgpgo1_500.jpg

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
After trying unsuccessfully for a couple of years, I finally got my hands on a couple of bottles of Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. It's often reviewed as the best beer in America and is only released once a year. Village beer merchant told me they got 3 cases at one store and 2 at another. There was a line when I got there around 4. There was a 2 bottle limit so I grabbed to and so did a non drinking friend.

I'm thinking about saving it for a special occasion. Possibly after my first marathon in May.

I pushed my luck and called consumers. They expect their allotment Thursday or Friday.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
you ever consider if ancient practices considered alchemy were instead grounded in sciences lost during the dark age

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Or maybe "lead to gold" was only esoteric metaphor misinterpreted over the ages?

aceface33

Feb 10, 2006
Herkimer, NY
After trying unsuccessfully for a couple of years, I finally got my hands on a couple of bottles of Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout. It's often reviewed as the best beer in America and is only released once a year. Village beer merchant told me they got 3 cases at one store and 2 at another. There was a line when I got there around 4. There was a 2 bottle limit so I grabbed to and so did a non drinking friend.

I'm thinking about saving it for a special occasion. Possibly after my first marathon in May.

I pushed my luck and called consumers. They expect their allotment Thursday or Friday.

My local store got some in but I have neither the money or the time to get out there.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Whoa. I downloaded The Corpus Hermeticum on a lark a month and a half ago, but haven't had a chance to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad