GDT: NUCKS n ducks SUNDAY March 3, FIVE pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It's official......the Canucks are emmeshed in their first major slump of the season. I suppose the fact that it's happening in late February, is still cause for some optimism.

Normally a game against Anaheim, who've been on the outside, looking in for months, would be just 'ducky' for the Canucks. But they're not really in a position to take any team for granted. Then it's on to L.A. for rematch with the Kings after last night's beat-down.

Finally they conclude their three-game SoCal soiree in Vegas, where they almost never win. It doesn't get any easier at this time of the year.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Only easy day is yesterday.

If our boys don't get that idea tattoo on their faces, they'll keep losing and losing.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Dhaliwal might as well tweet "Not this time, Mr. Canucklehead you f***ing idiot":

:laugh:

Maybe related to Kessel, then? I don't believe we have an extra healthy forward unless I'm forgetting someone?

We do not. As I said in the other thread, Canucks already had an open roster spot so this is unrelated to that. Also, if they sign Kessel he'd probably go on a conditioning stint.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
We do not. As I said in the other thread, Canucks already had an open roster spot so this is unrelated to that. Also, if they sign Kessel he'd probably go on a conditioning stint.

1709333913561.png

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
It's good they're sending Bains back. Like I said in the LA thread, he looked completely overwhelmed last night. Definitely think the kid's got a future in the NHL but he's not ready now.

Line up wise, I'd like to see:

Pettersson - Miller - Boeser
Hoglander - Lindholm - Garland
Suter - Blueger - Mikheyev
PGD - Aman - Lafferty

If they opt to slot Suter on Lindholm wing, I feel we're all going to continue being disappointed. He isn't a line driver. Hoggy's tenacity might be a benefit to get him rolling. Otherwise, maybe it's time to split up Miller and Boeser just to if that helps balance out the lines. Something like...

Hoglander - Pettersson - Boeser
Miller - Lindholm - Garland

Either way, Tocchet's idea of us having more spine with Lindholm on the third line has been a complete failure. We're much better off loading up the top two lines right now, especially since I can't imagine they don't go back to our original third line once Joshua's back. So where does that leave Lindholm if they don't make changes now?

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Okay, I checked the "injury thread" for any word on Soucy. Weren't the docs looking at a new x-ray of his hand during this week? How long does it take to look at an x-ray? I want him in the line-up on Sunday, damn it.

Reactions: Indiana and M2Beezy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad