Post-Game Talk: "Nucks in 'Towa, Wed, Jan. 02 7:00pm

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Boedker just did nothing. Remember when people complained about Hoffman's defensive play? Boedker is actually worse on D but has about 2% of the talent. AND we gave San Jose a better pick.

Dorion needs to be shot into the sun.

My god, is Boedker ever awful. Its hard to watch the this roster. Its actively making me apathetic towards all hockey. I don't care about missing games at all now and even watching Canada or the WJC, I feel nothing. I didn't even care last night when Canafa was eliminated. I remember fondly watching Tavares and Eberle in Ottawa and Crosby in Vancouver. Was jazzed about watching just about any games back then.

Now I loath most of the players who play for my childhood team. **** these people running this team.
ya boedker is finished as a key player...the grass is always greener for some guys they though smeone as good as Hoffman would be replaced in a snap. all forwards can produce like him AND play defence better

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Both LA and Ottawa tied with the NHL's worst record ...... .427
Youre right
Well thecnically we are both wrong as we are ahead of them since we won the oct 13th meeting

But Im confident my statement will be accurate in a week or 2

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
Both LA and Ottawa tied with the NHL's worst record ...... .427

LA is in the basement because they were successful and are now paying for it, the same way Chicago is.

Ottawa has been completely rudderless during the same period and is now entering a rebuild when there was nothing actually built in the first place.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
LA is in the basement because they were successful and are now paying for it, the same way Chicago is.

Ottawa has been completely rudderless during the same period and is now entering a rebuild when there was nothing actually built in the first place.

Rebuilding when you have no building

This should be Ottawas slogan

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Talking about how Wolanin made progress but still has thing to learn without the puck. Clearly an NHLer with the puck..

I don't know, theyhace Ceci who isn't an NHLer with the puck. 5 or 6 dman in term of defensive capability.

Boro who is a borderline NHLer.

Lajoie who should be a 5 or 6 at most at this stage of his career or #1 dman in the AHL at this stage.

Elliot who is purely a AHLer

Demelo a bottom pairing dman overall.

Jaros botton pairing but progressing.

Harpur, bottom pairing but progressing

Chabot, Top pairing.

My point is.. why point out how he need to work on his defensive game when you have so much trash who cannot even defend properly themselve. At least, he has something in which he is competent and we suck overall.. with the puck on transition.

That piss me off.

Good post.. Its the same B - fn - S we heard about Chabot last year; plus all that Horse-Shit we were fed about the system and the right side for puck retrieval and the left side standing up. Wolanin has the talent to be here. He is not awful defensively; He is smart he will learn just like Chabot.. I don't think he's got Chabot upside, but he definitely has mid pair upside and he could reach it here very quickly. I also agree when you call out one player trying to crack the lineup for his defensive play, and we watch Ceci give the puck away and lose his man and lose battles every night and he's out there 28+ minutes; Then we watch Boro put himself out of position several times a game, And just bang the puck up the boards when he manages to get it; Lajoie I will give a pass to because he is being forced to play with Ceci.. Last night Ceci has time, space, 2 Canucks were sealing the wall ; he had a ton of room inside and he threw it up the boards..Lajoie had to win 2 board battles behind the net before they got it out.. Lajoie right now in my estimation is better than Ceci; He can win his share of battles while giving up 20+ lbs and he can find the open man quickly. If Boucher thinks he's being sheltered.. I think he imagines a bomb shelter because when Ceci is out there the other team just shells them. Wolanin should be staying up and should be on the 2nd PP unit imo.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Good post.. Its the same B - fn - S we heard about Chabot last year; plus all that Horse-**** we were fed about the system and the right side for puck retrieval and the left side standing up. Wolanin has the talent to be here. He is not awful defensively; He is smart he will learn just like Chabot.. I don't think he's got Chabot upside, but he definitely has mid pair upside and he could reach it here very quickly. I also agree when you call out one player trying to crack the lineup for his defensive play, and we watch Ceci give the puck away and lose his man and lose battles every night and he's out there 28+ minutes; Then we watch Boro put himself out of position several times a game, And just bang the puck up the boards when he manages to get it; Lajoie I will give a pass to because he is being forced to play with Ceci.. Last night Ceci has time, space, 2 Canucks were sealing the wall ; he had a ton of room inside and he threw it up the boards..Lajoie had to win 2 board battles behind the net before they got it out.. Lajoie right now in my estimation is better than Ceci; He can win his share of battles while giving up 20+ lbs and he can find the open man quickly. If Boucher thinks he's being sheltered.. I think he imagines a bomb shelter because when Ceci is out there the other team just shells them. Wolanin should be staying up and should be on the 2nd PP unit imo.

Ohh and he also added( in the pregame )how he had to play Lajoie and Harpur against top comp because of player personnel.

But he is also the one talking how you don't feed baby with steak.

He is not wrong in the sense he doesn't have the players to play against these kind of player.. But put rookie Lajoie in a position to succeed, please.

His growing pain method hasn't work with Ceci and won't work with Lajoie if he continue to be put in these situation.

He also talk how people look at stat and HE look at tape. The mistake Lajoie was doing 10 times in a game at first, is now 2 times.

Again, what about the 10 mistakes CC and Boro are making that are still here.

Double standard. But he won't ever talk bad about the "Anchor" as he like to called them. More like Anchor in the sense we are not progressing as a team because of them.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Re: Everyone's favourite whipping boy:

I just think that Ceci has been criminally miscast by this club. When you watch him in the limited chances he gets offensively, he does a pretty good job. He should be given more opportunities in the offensive zone and the green light to jump into the play. Conversely, his defensive zone starts should be limited. Do that and his game will turn around a fair bit.

I was there last night, and I am glad I was. Elias Petersson is a special player, and as a fan of the game it is a treat to watch a guy like that in full flight. He could have easily had two more goals on top of the three he got. He's going to be a top shelf player in this league for the next 15 years, and although he was lighting up my team it is still amazing to watch a guy that talented do his thing in person...

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Wait what? Wonder what the tone and goal of this was?...I have many questions...did Eugene appear at all, Boro?

It was the "All Roads Lead Home" video that was discussed here.

Vancouver media having a collective chuckle over it, but it's nothing that those of us around here haven't seen.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It was the "All Roads Lead Home" video that was discussed here.

Vancouver media having a collective chuckle over it, but it's nothing that those of us around here haven't seen.

Are they showing that before every game or something?

We all know it's beyond awful, but it's 2 weeks old at this point. I guess other cities media isn't aware of how mental this shitshow really is

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Are they showing that before every game or something?

We all know it's beyond awful, but it's 2 weeks old at this point. I guess other cities media isn't aware of how mental this ****show really is

The Sens have always been a bit of an afterthought, especially this season. I don't blame fans/media of other teams for not realizing the scope of the madness.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of these tweets if they keep playing the video before games (I have no idea if this was a one-off or if it's a "thing", I'm assuming they'll show the other 'episodes' at least a couple times when they come out though).

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
The Sens have always been a bit of an afterthought, especially this season. I don't blame fans/media of other teams for not realizing the scope of the madness.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more of these tweets if they keep playing the video before games (I have no idea if this was a one-off or if it's a "thing", I'm assuming they'll show the other 'episodes' at least a couple times when they come out though).

I disagree. The Ottawa shit-show is very very well known around the league. We're actually mentioned a lot more nowadays in various media due to how insane our last year has been.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad