Post-Game Talk: Nucks 3 @ Wings 5 | ♪ 3 Bad Calls, 2 Bleeding Canucks and A Power Outage in the Joe ♪

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmaster*

Classic home scoring. There have been a couple incredibly suspect assists given to Canucks at GM Place this year as well.

But yeah, Sedins should have had assists there.

Yeah. Phantom assists for the home team is pretty common league wide. I actually find Rogers arena liberal for both teams compared to some other rinks.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah. Phantom assists for the home team is pretty common league wide. I actually find Rogers arena liberal for both teams compared to some other rinks.

Without fail Jumbo always gets a tertiary or quaternary assist each game at the Shark Tank for just looking at the puck.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Matthias continues his beastly play.

Classic home scoring. There have been a couple incredibly suspect assists given to Canucks at GM Place this year as well.

But yeah, Sedins should have had assists there.

I don't know. If you look at the replay, Kronwall completely stops the puck and then tries to dump it out. I would say possession changed hands there.

I would have liked the assists, though :( I have both Sedins in my pool.

Always depressing to see the team schooled so badly, but was heartened how they came back to make it close.

REALLY missing Hamhuis.

First game where not having Hamhuis really hurt us. Likely more of these nights to come. Miller is going to have to play like he did in Columbus almost every night if we want a chance.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
Wings fan coming in peace.

The was a fun game to watch. First period aside, I thought it was a pretty even game (Wings ALWAYS sit back/play shut down in the 3rd period if they are winning and I HATE it).

I think the biggest story, outside the reffing jab you're going to give me ( I hope not), is the face-offs dot. I believe the 'nucks closed the gap some in the third period. But overall, I think that was the deciding factor, hockey wise (excluding the refs), separating the two hockey clubs.

That obviously led to the Wings puck possession tactics.

Anyway, look forward to the next game. Always fun playing the Canucks. Always seem to bring out the best in the Wings.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC

The was a fun game to watch. First period aside, I thought it was a pretty even game (Wings ALWAYS sit back/play shut down in the 3rd period if they are winning and I HATE it).

I think the biggest story, outside the reffing jab you're going to give me ( I hope not), is the face-offs dot. I believe the 'nucks closed the gap some in the third period. But overall, I think that was the deciding factor, hockey wise (excluding the refs), separating the two hockey clubs.

Anyway, look forward to the next game. Always fun playing the Canucks. Always seem to bring out the best in the Wings.

I don't really comment on reffing too much but this was easily the worst reffed game I've seen this year, both ways.

We can use the refs as an excuse but Detroit was still the better team in pretty much all aspects.

Oh well, not gonna be great every game, it happens.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
no post game comments from WD tonight? didn't want to get fined I guess.

Aired on the team 1040, pretty standard av type post game.

Dont know why canucks.com does not put the coaches comments up after every post game.

27 minutes in.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1...red-wings-november-30-post-game-show-1.148379

Babcock was also fairly complimentary of our team, when asked about the wings game added some input on us, said he liked our coach knows what hes doing, and likes our goaltending, thinks the canucks and the wings are headed in the right direction, for whatever its worth. Last time we played the wings was the booth/torts post game presser which was during that extremely ugly loosing struck after torts came back from his suspension.

Last edited:

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Funnily enough the team had only surrendered 1 goal in 3 games in Hamhuis' absence. Even after tonight, they have a 1.25GAA sans Hamhuis.

I've actually been surprised how little they've missed Hamhuis.

As have I, but today it really became apparent. Just a gong show in their own end for shift after shift. Was waiting for the Sbisa/Bieksa pairing to come back down to earth, and man did they land with a thud today.

Oh well, on to the next.

IKEA

May 31, 2010
SE

Dont know why canucks.com does not put the coaches comments up after every post game.

27 minutes in.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1...red-wings-november-30-post-game-show-1.148379

Babcock was also fairly complimentary of our team, when asked about the wings game added some input on us, said he liked our coach knows what hes doing, and likes our goaltending, thinks the canucks and the wings are headed in the right direction, for whatever its worth. Last time we played the wings was the booth/torts post game presser which was during that extremely ugly loosing struck after torts came back from his suspension.

Was that when torts made the comment that when your team's best player is david booth?

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

27 minutes in.

Thanks. post game comments are usually on CDC or their youtube channel. not tonight though. I thought maybe he didn't want to talk because of the officiating. :laugh:

edit: coach comments are 28 min in. I had to listen to 1 min of Paterson :banghead:

Last edited:

yoss

May 25, 2011
Matthias has been great lately. Like that any line is liable to catch fire on any given night. The Bonino line has great chemistry and can take over a game, the 4th line was largely responsible for the win against Hawks, Matthias is scoring and creating chances with or without Kassian.. etc. etc.

Even Vey, as much criticism as he's taken and the debate over whether he should stay in the lineup or not; the guy has 6 goals including couple goals and assist tonight. Granted big part of that is the Sedin effect on the PP, but still.

Nice to lose that way, and it may be nitpickery but for the comments about the calls evening out, yeah they evened out once the Wings had a 2 goal lead and refs started letting Nucks get away with a bit towards the end, but earlier calls it could be argued had more effect on game momentum but I don't want to belabor the point b/c they still almost tied it up a couple times and fought back hard so it's good to see them at least go down swinging, and still manage 3 goals in the loss.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Was that when torts made the comment that when your team's best player is david booth?

Yes, if i recall detroit was his first game back from suspension and he made the booth comment and us needing to change the complexion of the team.

I think dan murphy hinted in his blog from today he feels thats the night torts lost the rest of the room. Perhaps why babcock went out of his way to comment that he likes the direction of our team. Kind of came out of left field as he was analyzing the wings he started analyzing us. Probably could tell the team was in shambles that night.

Last edited:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Bieksa/Sbisa the worst two players on the ice that weren't wearing goaltending gear.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Sbisa I am willing to expect some bad games from. He's young and still adjusting. Bieksa, on the other hand, needs to get his head out of his ass and play some damn hockey. Frankly, we need to make a trade to shore up our defense. Maybe if Montreal idiotically continues to scratch Gilbert for Allen, he'll be available.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Obvious mistake aside, Sbisa was much better than Bieksa. Again a lot of focus on Sbisa when he has been performing just fine this season. The other thing about Sbisa is he hurt Abdelkater with a hit. This is no longer some fluke with Sbisa. He hits hard and while I won't say he hits to hurt because that sounds dirty he hits to make sure the other guy really really really feels it.

They've needed someone with that mentality on the blueline for a long long time.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Obvious mistake aside, Sbisa was much better than Bieksa. Again a lot of focus on Sbisa when he has been performing just fine this season. The other thing about Sbisa is he hurt Abdelkater with a hit. This is no longer some fluke with Sbisa. He hits hard and while I won't say he hits to hurt because that sounds dirty he hits to make sure the other guy really really really feels it.

They've needed someone with that mentality on the blueline for a long long time.

most noticeable to me is that he can move.
is Sbisa our most mobile dman since Erhoff?

BobbyJazzLegs

Sorry 4 Acting Werd
Oct 15, 2013

Yeah I think faceoffs were definitely a factor in this one.

Wings have been hot lately, like us. Thought this would be a pretty even match up and it was. The home ice advantage worked for out for you though.

Unlucky on some of the goals (both ways), but thats how it goes. On to the next one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad