Nuanced things that bother you as a player

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Oh my gosh yes. And worst of all when that same guy gets mad at his linemates for going offside. Like they're supposed to read his ****ing mind.
Offsides are my biggest pet peeve of all time. I'm a fairly... "linear"... sort of winger. If you can't pass it to me, and you can't shoot it in, then don't also do some dipsy doodling on the blueline and blame me for going offside. I'm not going to have a clue WTF you think you are doing. Why do you think I would? In addition to being "linear" I'm also not very vocal 99% of the time. But this one gets me to raise my voice every time. If you shout at me for this, I'm coming back at you double volume. And furthermore I will try my hardest to throw you whining puckhogs offside as often as I can next time. It's kind of like road rage. :D

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I haven't played ice recently, but for ball hockey...

Players trying and trying and trying to deke around the entire team because it worked once 8 months ago.

Players who won't sub, but don't back check at all and don't even go hard on the attack. Just hang somewhere, don't move and can't shoot. It's just for fun and something to keep active, but I will just tell people to get off if they're doing shit like that.

And the one guy I play with, whether he's in nets, or a defender and I agree with him, but don't get as pissed are people who don't cover the back door pass. Players come back and stand like 3 feet away from the guy on the back door.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
One or 2 teams in our beer league, their centres slash down hard on your stick on a face off. Ie not going for puck initially.

Had to stop using a $300 stick against those teams. I realize face offs can be hard on sticks, but those 2 teams are bad.
I've never even thought of a slash. Always did the stick lift or just straight win

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Actually I see it more as a ref in the draw where guys try to knock the other stick out of the way to win the draw. Interesting.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
I remember we had this one guy who always "paid" the tab after we all splashed our cash on the table for beer n pizza n wings. He'd scoop up the cash and pay with Visa to get the air miles he said...we all knew he was skimming off the top. What should have been a $50 tip for the girl would end up being $20

Knew the guy for 10 years, he never flew anywhere once 😅 and this happened at least twice a week

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad