Confirmed with Link: NSH trades 7th for Rissling

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
you don't "have" to call up a player like Piskula, you GET to bring up a player like Piskula. A guy who is a savvy enough veteran to eat up minutes for a few games without playing like a deer caught in the headlights. Piskula and Rodney are a BIG factor in why Milwaukee is in the post season. Don't kid yourself. Every organization needs a guy (or two) like that.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...
I'm not referring to the trading. We need a head coach, likely a goalie coach (and a 7m goalie who needs coaching), need to resign our RFAs, among other things.... meanwhile we are expending effort and picks trying to get Washington's 51st depth chart player before they don't offer him a contract.

I've seen enough of Poile going after someone else's trash to know he rarely hits. He's wasting his time again. Not to mention a pick.

No, it's a not a big risk but the small things add up too.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

Speaking as one Milwaukee fan. We don't need a 10th D-man on the roster!
The Ads will do fine with Ford, Valentine, Bitetto, Rodney, Piskula, Jarvinen and Diaby. COR and the new guy are the spares.

Last edited:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
you don't "have" to call up a player like Piskula, you GET to bring up a player like Piskula. A guy who is a savvy enough veteran to eat up minutes for a few games without playing like a deer caught in the headlights. Piskula and Rodney are a BIG factor in why Milwaukee is in the post season. Don't kid yourself. Every organization needs a guy (or two) like that.

How dare I speak negatively towards a former LA prospect ;)

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
A) I'm not a big fan of this draft, so trading the 7th is NOT going to make me cry.

B) My problem is that it's ANOTHER LHD when the team desperately needs a RHD.

C) Only catches my attention because I COULD see this as a possible help with a trade to move some of the LHD in the system. Say, to WPG example, MDZ+ if they can't sign him for E. Kane.

Also, I could see Nashville trade a couple for RHD. Noonan I can see as an NHL player, Dialby I DEFINATLY can see as an NHL player.

That would have to be a pretty sizable plus, I doubt Winnipeg has all that much interest in MDZ as a big component for a Kane trade.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...

And this is a 7th round pick... so player that if we get lucky and find a diamond in the rough might make the Prods in 4 years or so... traded for a player already two years farther along and apparently ready for the AHL... that's a waste how?
Can NHL players even get traded at this point?

It's even worse. Seventh round picks are how we got Patric Hornqvist and Martin Erat. Therefore Poile is clearly sacrificing badly needed future offensive players for even more blueliners. AS USUAL.

:sarcasm:

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

Big, physical, lots of PIMs. Right, because Nashville isn't interested in protecting Jarnkrok or Forsberg.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Big, physical, lots of PIMs. Right, because Nashville isn't interested in protecting Jarnkrok or Forsberg.
From the sounds of it, Rissling will not even be playing the AHL.

Second, you guys sound like the TSA-- scare tactics as to why things have to be done.

Having a big guy does not stop guys from throwing an errant elbow to the head. Milwaukee already has big guys.

Heck, David Backes is the big physical guy for STL and he couldn't even protect himself.

Predsrule

Nov 18, 2008
I'm not referring to the trading. We need a head coach, likely a goalie coach (and a 7m goalie who needs coaching), need to resign our RFAs, among other things.... meanwhile we are expending effort and picks trying to get Washington's 51st depth chart player before they don't offer him a contract.

I've seen enough of Poile going after someone else's trash to know he rarely hits. He's wasting his time again. Not to mention a pick.

No, it's a not a big risk but the small things add up too.

Because makig this trade will stop him from getting a coach or signing any rfas.... Kind of a big over reaction here... He traded a 7th for someone who has a much beter chance to make it then a ransom 7th rounder.. He's going after trash by trading worss trash.. This team is week in d depth.. This brought in a player for the minor system who is way ahead of anyone we could draft with that 7th... But hey gotta get that gm bash in right ;)

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
This. I have no idea why some are worked up over this.
People that are worked up are people trying to stomp on other opinions.

Sound like Rissling is ECHL bound.

Yes, I'd rather take by chances at getting a Rinne/Hornqvist/Erat/etc than giving Washington's 51st best player a chance.

Small move but doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. And yes, it is the old Poile who's digging through other people's trash again. That's more concerning... he's reverting to not-that-old habits.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
People that are worked up are people trying to stomp on other opinions.

Sound like Rissling is ECHL bound.

Yes, I'd rather take by chances at getting a Rinne/Hornqvist/Erat/etc than giving Washington's 51st best player a chance.

Small move but doesn't mean we all have to agree with it. And yes, it is the old Poile who's digging through other people's trash again. That's more concerning... he's reverting to not-that-old habits.

Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound like I'm stomping on opinions. I just think that we picked up a prospect we have been able to assess playing in the AHL rather than a 7th rounder which has like a .05% chance at making the team. Overall, a decent, however microscopic move.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Speaking as one Milwaukee fan. We don't need a 10th D-man on the roster!
The Ads will do fine with Ford, Valentine, Bitetto, Rodney, Piskula, Jarvinen and Diaby. COR and the new guy are the spares.

We don't need an 11th D-man, either!

My guess is that Rodney and maybe Piskula are gone. Bitetto and Valentine are iffy for next season in Milwaukee, although I would like to see both of them returning. That leaves the Admirals with 7 or 8 D-men for next year, plus Aronson or others from Cincinnati joining Diaby, COR and the new guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad