Confirmed with Link: NSH trades 7th for Rissling

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449834

Why? There are a total of 14 LHD in NSH system. Josi, MDZ, Ekholm. Bartley; Bitetto, COR, Jarvinen, Valentine, Dialby, Noonan, Fernholm, Vainonen, Rissling

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Poile trolling us before he gets the gate…

edit: seriously though, as much gooney as we had seen against ads players lately, maybe his guy is our thug of the moment, if we don't want to actually risk Diaby getting hurt or suspended

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Huh. I can only guess they want someone physical to protect people in Milwaukee. If that's the case the price of a 7th in a shallow draft isn't bad at all.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
I don't get the freaking out over a 7th rounder. They're not all hornqvists and rinne's folks. Besides, if this guy can help keep our prospects from getting their faces punched in then that's a good thing and worth a 7th in this draft.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

I doubt this trade was made to help the 6th seed minor league affiliate with their playoff run.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
I don't get the freaking out over a 7th rounder. They're not all hornqvists and rinne's folks. Besides, if this guy can help keep our prospects from getting their faces punched in then that's a good thing and worth a 7th in this draft.
Nodboy is freaking out about it, but it's still an un-needed trade. Seriously though, he's had more success in the 7th rd than rds 3-5 combined.

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
I don't get it. This was like the knee jerk reaction after the Legwand trade. Poile did some right IMO. Read the HF scouting report on the guy. Big, physical, high character. Has got upside. Will he likely be a future Pred? Probably not, but the odds of his making it are a helluva lot better than your generic seventh round draft pick. Its a little thing - but its a positive.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Per Kevin Wilson

@KWilsonPreds said:
@Cellblock303 Actually, not random at all. He must be signed by June 1, so need time to work a contract out. WSH wasn't able to sign him.

If Washington wasn't able to sign him, what real upside does he have? Seems like they would have signed him had he had some upside.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Washington is close to their contract limit apparently. My guess is they don't see the upside Poile and co see in him.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Considering Nashville had to call up Piskula last season, this is some much needed young defensive depth. The D pipeline is bare. A trade like this should have honestly happened sooner.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
According to anything I've been able to find, big, strong kid who plays a physical game and seems to have a better offensive skillset than that type of player tends to have. Sounds like he may be an asset to the pipeline if we get him signed. No problem with this trade.

dulzhok

Feb 20, 2003
Visit site
Poile has no clue when it comes to defensemen, oh wait
We'll see now that he doesn't have Trotz to "develop" them all ;)

Poile is going back to his old tendencies, as I suspected he would. He's try to find treasure in someone else's trash. He tried this countless times over his career, and with the exception of Shero scouting Timonen, he's had almost zero success with it. He's trying to recreate something that happened 17 years ago.

Millar, Klassen, Tenkrat, Ivanans, Valecevick, Peltonen, Jariven, there are way too many to list. And go back to the thread when we got guys like Klassen, the same old stuff being said, "low risk for guy with potential". Blah blah blah.

Quit wasting time and picks Poile.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We'll see now that he doesn't have Trotz to "develop" them all ;)

Poile is going back to his old tendencies, as I suspected he would. He's try to find treasure in someone else's trash. He tried this countless times over his career, and with the exception of Shero scouting Timonen, he's had almost zero success with it. He's trying to recreate something that happened 17 years ago.

Millar, Klassen, Tenkrat, Ivanans, Valecevick, Peltonen, Jariven, there are way too many to list. And go back to the thread when we got guys like Klassen, the same old stuff being said, "low risk for guy with potential". Blah blah blah.

Quit wasting time and picks Poile.

Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...

And this is a 7th round pick... so player that if we get lucky and find a diamond in the rough might make the Prods in 4 years or so... traded for a player already two years farther along and apparently ready for the AHL... that's a waste how?
Can NHL players even get traded at this point?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
A) I'm not a big fan of this draft, so trading the 7th is NOT going to make me cry.

B) My problem is that it's ANOTHER LHD when the team desperately needs a RHD.

C) Only catches my attention because I COULD see this as a possible help with a trade to move some of the LHD in the system. Say, to WPG example, MDZ+ if they can't sign him for E. Kane.

Also, I could see Nashville trade a couple for RHD. Noonan I can see as an NHL player, Dialby I DEFINATLY can see as an NHL player.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The only teams that can trade right now are non playoff teams. This is a minor move for more defensive depth in the system. Poile may feel this guy is better then anyone we could draft in the 7th round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad