Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] Preds re-sign Ryan Hartman [1yr/$875k]

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I know he didn't exactly light it up in Nashville. But he was trending the right way with Chicago. Looked like a legit scoring forward who plays 2-way.

This looks like a steal. He's clearly betting on himself, and hoping to cash in after a good-great season next year rather than lock in for term at a lower rate right now.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Good "show me" contract for Hartman... he never really settled in for the Preds and found a regular role after the trade, but considering what they paid to get him, I'm sure they will make more of a point of getting him involved in the coming season. With Hartnell gone, there should be a better chance for Hartman to prove his worth.

His production with the Hawks probably could have garnered him a better-looking 2-year bridge deal, just looking at the numbers, but hopefully he's banking on having a big year and showing the Preds that he can be worth a lot more on a longer term deal after the coming season.
:clap:

Reactions: FilthyScoresberg

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I know he didn't exactly light it up in Nashville. But he was trending the right way with Chicago. Looked like a legit scoring forward who plays 2-way.

This looks like a steal. He's clearly betting on himself, and hoping to cash in after a good-great season next year rather than lock in for term at a lower rate right now.

Hartman is buried in the Preds forward depth. Still though, can't believe he took until 1M.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Good deal. He never really settled here but he was being thrown all over the line-up so it's hard to blame him. He should nicely settle in next to Bonino or Sissons this year (or maybe even Turris if he maximizes his potential).

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
He was injured last year. The way I heard it, he got injured near the end of the regular season and played the rest of the way and the playoffs with a torn labrum. He had surgery after the playoffs and might not be back for the start of the season.

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Is there still any doubt that Poile is the best GM in the league?
Poile has been doing a great a job overall, but that's a bit weird comment in a thread related to a trade where he moved a 1st rounder for a 4th liner.

The return Chicago got for Shaw and Hartman was pretty remarkable. Two 4th liners who other teams valued more than they should've, and Chicago was able to cash in in a major way. But maybe Hartman can still be more I guess.

Mortiest Morty

Feb 6, 2017
Poile has been doing a great a job overall, but that's a bit weird comment in a thread related to a trade where he moved a 1st rounder for a 4th liner.

The return Chicago got for Shaw and Hartman was pretty remarkable. Two 4th liners who other teams valued more than they should've, and Chicago was able to cash in in a major way. But maybe Hartman can still be more I guess.

He's not a 4th liner by any statistical measure, just check out his even strength numbers the past two seasons. Thanks for your input though, I guess.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
He has Arb rights next summer and is betting on himself. Just like andreas johnsson did. It's smart by the player

Reactions: Morrison

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad