Confirmed Trade: [NSH/OTT] Erik Gudbranson for Brandon Fortunato and 2023 7th round pick

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
IMO it's clear Ottawa refused to retain salary and got a worse return because of that. I could've seen a number of teams paying a 3rd + B-prospect with 50% retain.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
Suitcase he has become

I'm shocked they dealt him away... on the move again.. poor guy

Suitcase he has become

Suitcase he has become

In case anyone was wondering what time the boards crashed this deadline; Here you go, folks!

PS. Un-friggin-believable someone still gives up some kind of asset for Gudbrandson :eek:

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
In case anyone was wondering what time the boards crashed this deadline; Here you go, folks!

PS. Un-friggin-believable someone still gives up some kind of asset for Gudbrandson :eek:

Lol... and it still didn't even show my message went thru. Had no idea ... gotta love HF... crashes all the damn time

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
IMO it's clear Ottawa refused to retain salary and got a worse return because of that. I could've seen a number of teams paying a 3rd + B-prospect with 50% retain.

I'm guessing you don't watch Sens games...Gudbranson is putrid; I can count on my fingers the times he's done something that wasn't egregiously bad

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

That settles it. Fire Dorion. Some habs fan decided that gudbranson should have fetched more than he did.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
A 3rd??? Have you watched him play this year?

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
Why are NHL teams still paying anything for Gudbranson?

Wouldn't want him back at league minimum for free.

He was drafted 3rd overall so that will get him a million chances to succeed. Also has a random season where looks good on the 3rd pairing which buys him time.

Finally he is big and physical while being drafted 3rd overall. He will keep getting chances as a “reclamation” project.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
A 3rd??? Have you watched him play this year?
Yes, he had to play to many minutes agaisnt other teams top players or second line players and didn't look too good. But, big and mean defensemen are still valuable in the league, just not at 4M on a flat cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad