Confirmed with Link: [NSH/MIN] Fiala for Granlund

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Fiala is a good player that did not gel with his linemates. We can't change Turris.

We got a good return on him. I expect the Wild will really like him.

Adding a guy who can play defense and score is what we needed. Well done Poile.

This is the shake up.

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Granny is imo the best passer in the league. Not sure if that is what the Preds need, but this trade in any case should almost certainly be a boost to your playoff run.

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Granlund still has untapped potential on him and with better, more skilled team is going to surprise many. This is going to be interesting

Reactions: Brass Bonanza

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Oh, there's also been rumors that Granlund's been playing with an injury and that's why he hasn't been scoring goals.....so... there is that. He didn't participate in team practice for the longest time. Hopefully it's nothing.

Posted this on the wrong board first. Crap.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Would be nice if we had a top 6 center who shot the puck. I think I'd move Granlund to the top line and Arvy to the 2nd to see how that works.

I'd be more concerned if the top 6 had more playmakers than shooters. Before this trade, every player in the top 6 (other than Johansen) was a shooter and in terms of the 2nd line, Fiala was the closest to being a "line driver" which isn't ideal. Granlund certainly becomes that guy for the 2nd line no question, wherever they slot him.

I'm not sure how well Johansen and Granlund would work together on the same line given they both have the propensity, and talent, for playmaking. The addition of Simmonds certainly makes the makeup of the 2nd and 3rd lines interesting as well.

We were all screaming (deservedly so) for an upgrade to the 2nd line, and Poile definitely delivered for the time being.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Bonino-Boyle-Simmonds?
Jarnkrok-Sissons-Rocco

I remember they day not to long ago where that would be more like our top 6 than our bottom 6.

I might flip Jarnkrok and Simmonds on those lines just to balance the speed/size a bit. Simmonds/Boyle/Bones is a bit too slow to be an effective shutdown line and Jarnkrok/Sissons/Rocco probably get bullied come playoff time

RichManitoba

Sep 4, 2009
Madison, WI
This is HUGE for you guys. St Paul is about 4 hours from me and I'd get tickets a few times a year just to watch him and Suter. Sure, Fiala is a little younger but Granlund may just put you over the top. Good luck from WI !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad