GDT: Nsh@min 2/9/13

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Well there you go. No, we didn't play all that well, but losing on a ******** call makes me mad.

I don't care if it's 5 on 3 or 4 on 3...having only 3 guys for 2 minutes makes it incredibly hard to get the kill.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Preds lose in OT with that horrible call on Gaustad. We still had all the chances in the world to win in regulation but give Backstrom credit he made some nice saves. We still got a point though. Don't talk about not taking shots as we got plenty of shots this game and didn't convert.

tserberis*

I would kick the **** out of that ref! I would be able to keep my cool...

Maybe some one should, too many mistakes this year from them, that was straight result influencial.

FBS

Sep 6, 2011
Just dropping in to express my sympathies.

Worst call of the year. I wish something would be done about this reffing...

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The "can't touch the puck with your hand to win a faceoff" rule needs clarification. Gaustad's hand was on the stick when the puck was batted out of midair. Sadly, the nhl hasn't posted the new rule book yet so that change with full detail is inaccessible.

StarvinArvyn33

Jun 18, 2010
Yesterday
we had so many chances to score the GWG and choked... Ellis and Weber couldve easily scored it. we had a good 1st period then a sloppy rest of the game

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I could understand that call if his hand was off the stick and it hit his palm but his hand was on the stick and it hit the top part of his hand after the puck bounced off the ice.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
It all boils down to scoring 1 goal and that by a 4th liner. The game should have never went to OT thus no bad call. If the offense does not get better its going to make no difference. The goaltending and defense can't continue this every game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I never visit another teams board after a loss. No worries from me.

Eh, it's just a game, and one that we still managed to gain a point in. Nothing worth losing my lid over.

As awful as our offense has been all season, wow has our defense and goaltending been pretty fantastic. Another solid effort from Mason tonight.

Big game tomorrow.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Luckily the NHL official's webpage has the updates since the NHL site doesn't. The new rule is below:

"Both players facing-off are prohibited from batting the puck with their hand in an attempt to win the face-off. Any attempt by either center to win the face-off by batting the puck with their hand shall result in a minor penalty. This penalty shall be announced as “Minor Penalty for Delay of Game – Face-off Violationâ€. The two players involved in the actual face-off (the centers) are not permitted to play the puck with their hand without incurring a penalty under this rule until such time as a third player (from either team) has at least touched the puck. Once the face-off is deemed complete (and a winner of the face-off is clear) hand passes shall be enforced as per Rule 79. "

The reading of that rule indicates you cannot do anything that would be a handpass to win a faceoff. If that is the interpretation, then the penalty was a horrible call due to Gaustad keeping his hand on his stick throughout the face off. If the rule means the puck cannot bounce off a glove in the process of a faceoff, refs have missed numerous infractions to date this year.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
Yep, at least we got a point tonight. A win tomorrow and this will all be somewhat forgotten.

A month from now however...it should be a good one...

Agreed. Time to forget the BS and move on to Chicago. It would've been good if we could have gotten two against a mid level team...but I'll gladly take a point on the road if we can somehow steal two at home against one of the hottest teams in the league.

I'm starting to really miss Hornqvist's net presence on the PP.

Yukon Cornellis

aka Phoneguy
Mar 27, 2010
Hendersonville, TN
Does the league review knee on knee hits? That's what Yip took the penalty for - Konopka went for a knee on knee on Josi. Kinda sucks that it negated a power play, but fully justified, imo.

Wouldn't mind seeing Big Ern dressing for the home game and beating Konopka senseless.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
If the rule means the puck cannot bounce off a glove in the process of a faceoff, refs have missed numerous infractions to date this year.

If that's the case, I'd venture they've missed probably about one per game. So ballpark 150 missed calls this year?

goboboy*

Hey NHL...

I was so ERKED watching Nashville in OT tonight I made a video..

What a garbage league, look at this

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
i8Ii1UEtigLZJ.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad