GDT: Nsh@lak 1/31/2013

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Yes, but LA isnt averaging 7 PP's a game either. With a team that has such young studs on it who CAN score, I don't care if they didnt score an entire PP goal all year, having their PP go 1-6 is impressive. And that was a 4-3 pretty nice bounce off the boards.
good points..

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
The good/so-so:
We're 17th in the league in points.
We're 6th in the league in GA/G.
Also 17th in the league in PP%.
16th in the league PK%.
9th in shots against/G.
7th in the league in faceoff %.

The bad:
We're dead last in GF/G.
Dead last in shots/G.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Our offense sucks but I can't complain too much with their (L.a.) lone goal being one lucky ass deflection off the back glass. Rinne deserved the W tonight. The team needed this very badly.

Yep- without that incredibly lucky bounce, we probably walk out with a 1-0 win.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
I'd like to add that it was a crazy PP goal. Bounces straight off the class over Rinne's head. None of our guys see it. Brown catches it RIGHT before it goes beyond his reach and snaps it right into the net.

It was a heady play by Brown...not much you can really say against the Preds PK on that one. There were other times where the PK did not look as good, but Rinne came away with the saves.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Technically you're right...but in the days of past, that's 3 ties. Shootouts are just a system for rewarding an extra point to make things interesting in the standings.

For all intents and purposes, we're .500, though obviously it doesn't feel like it.
yeah i guess we're .500 .. just like you said, doesn't feel like it. we still look pathetic offensively..

there was a game against san jose with vokoun where we were outshot 25+ shots and still won.. so as bad as we think we are, it could always be worse? our offense just makes me want to punch things...

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
lol...ok, so LA's 3 stars:

1st - Jeff Carter
2nd - Shea Weber
3rd - Drew Doughty

Did they even attend the game?

Last edited by a moderator:

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
^Wow.

Thought Legwand had a decent game tonight. Rinne was by far the best player on the ice for both teams though

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
And a HUGE, basically unnoticed effort from Spals, IMO. He is going to have to do a better job of finishing, though, as he had a regulation win on his stick with an open net.
THANK GOODNESS I'll be waking up in just a little while after a PREDS "W".

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
And a HUGE, basically unnoticed effort from Spals, IMO. He is going to have to do a better job of finishing, though, as he had a regulation win on his stick with an open net.
THANK GOODNESS I'll be waking up in just a little while after a PREDS "W".

Hey I noticed his effort! Especially on the PK.

Soak in this win everyone! SJ is going to be a big challenge and hopefully the MOJO continues!

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I'm tired of complaining about stuff so I'm not going to complain that 4 of our dmen took 8 shots, leaving the forwards with 6 shots for the whole game. Or that it's a good thing we scored first because we had no offense again and just hung on for that win.

Spaling was definitely Spals to the wall tonight!!

Just going to enjoy this win tonight!!

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
A shootout win while getting badly outplayed with record low shots?

its-something.jpg

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
One will have to feel better if at the end of the first period the team has 12 or more shots. This will be an indication that the coaching staff has made an impact. If not it may be another long night.
We only had 11 after 3 periods! I don't know whether to cry or laugh. :cry: :laugh:

why did ellis go for a slap shot? why not a wrister... he shot the puck right in quick's chest
Who knows. A quick wrist shot would have been perfect. Instead he let Quick come out and get squared up to face the shot. I hate that.

I think Doughty planned that shot. Watching the replay it looked like he deliberately aimed high trying to get the puck to bounce off the glass and maybe hit a player in front (kind of like the washington game against Dunham).

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Now THAT was a Thrashers type of win. Rope-a-dope the opponent to sleep by letting them double your shot production and then strike!

Good win, but man...14 shots with an OT?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Positive: We win, and are back to a point per game.

Negative: We didn't score in the last 64 minutes of the game. We've scored once in 124+ minutes....

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Now THAT was a Thrashers type of win. Rope-a-dope the opponent to sleep by letting them double your shot production and then strike!

Good win, but man...14 shots with an OT?

Yep, except with our Thrashers, the shots would have been 44-22, and we would have won 6-5 instead of 2-1.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Negative: We didn't score in the last 64 minutes of the game. We've scored once in 124+ minutes....

And last night, we had 1 shot in a 29 minute stretch of playing time- I just cannot wrap my head around that- does not seem possible for an NHL team.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

We won, which feels good...but it shouldn't be confused with things being "fixed," because the offense was still pretty awful for long, long stretches of the game.

Gill and Hannan were terrible, again.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Our inability to break out of our zone right now is extremely troublesome. Something has got to change in our system if we are going to succeed because right now we can't seem to make more than one pass before it gets taken away.

Pekka stole this game as we should not have been anywhere close to tied entering the third period. Count ourselves lucky and move on. Hopefully this instills some confidence in our guys cause boy we are sucking pond water out of a garden house right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad