GDT: Nsh@lak 1/31/2013

PredsHockey

Jul 18, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
Someone needs to give props to our PK line. 1-6 for LA on the PP. Great job on defense. Rinne played well.....while the offense isn't all there, the 3rd period and OT gives it something to be hopeful for. Great WIN.

golfmade

Go Preds Go
Dec 30, 2002
Idahoan in Taiwan
Someone needs to give props to our PK line. 1-6 for LA on the PP. Great job on defense. Rinne played well.....while the offense isn't all there, the 3rd period and OT gives it something to work on again. Great WIN.

To be fair though Kings have a 3.7% PP average. Not taking anything away from the PKers they did a great job.

PredsHockey

Jul 18, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
To be fair though Kings have a 3.7% PP average. Not taking anything away from the PKers they did a great job.

Haha true. The Kings might be a little offensively challenged thus far (as are we lol), but if it wasnt for a pretty nice bounce off the boards, there would have been a SO AND 0-6 on the PK.....so thats awesome.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
One of the worst wins ever in franchise history.

Sick sick move

I've seen worse. This was ugly, but LA didn't outplay us the way I've seen other teams outplay us and win. Being outshot 24-14 is bad. I seem to remember some 30-and-40-to-teens numbers where we scurried away with a W.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Someone needs to give props to our PK line. 1-6 for LA on the PP. Great job on defense. Rinne played well.....while the offense isn't all there, the 3rd period and OT gives it something to be hopeful for. Great WIN.

LAs PP was worst in the league with a PP% less than 5% .. 1 of 6 is 16%... not like we did anything special. actually, worse than all the other teams LA played before

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I've seen worse. This was ugly, but LA didn't outplay us the way I've seen other teams outplay us and win. Being outshot 24-14 is bad. I seem to remember some 30-and-40-to-teens numbers where we scurried away with a W.
alot of games with detroit come to mind.. and vokoun in net..

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
hows that .500? are you meaning by 7 points in 7 games? i see .285 lol ..

Technically you're right...but in the days of past, that's 3 ties. Shootouts are just a system for rewarding an extra point to make things interesting in the standings.

For all intents and purposes, we're .500, though obviously it doesn't feel like it.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I agree that the PK did a great job but 7 penalties is way too much. Big win. 2-2-3 isn't bad when you play as bad as we have. The defense did look good in only allowing 1 goal and Rinne finally gets a win. Rinne played great.

PredsHockey

Jul 18, 2011
Bowling Green, KY
LAs PP was worst in the league with a PP% less than 5% .. 1 of 6 is 16%... not like we did anything special. actually, worse than all the other teams LA played before

Yes, but LA isnt averaging 7 PP's a game either. With a team that has such young studs on it who CAN score, I don't care if they didnt score an entire PP goal all year, having their PP go 1-6 is impressive. And that was a 4-3 pretty nice bounce off the boards.

utkpred

Mar 12, 2012
How do we generate offense? This is seriously the worst offensive team in recent memory.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Well, we didn't deserve this one... but really happy for a win.

Hopefully this will get the guys some confidence going forward, because this team still looks like the stuff you find in a babies diaper. Still, a win is a win, even if it is covered in crap. 14% of the season gone already, by next week we are looking at 20

So Yip over SK in the shootout... different. Also, no Fisher.

Nashvols

Jun 8, 2011
Nashville
alot of games with detroit come to mind.. and vokoun in net..

That's who comes to mind, but I don't remember any specifics. I remember one where we were getting outshot badly and had something like 5 goals on fewer than 20 shots. Maybe against Minnesota or someone like that.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
It is crazy that we are sitting here at 2-2-3 as awful as we have looked this year. With the schedule we have faced, if you had told me at the beginning of the year that we would have this record, I would have taken it.

And we are now at 2-2-1 on the monster road trip- again, not bad at all. When I first looked at the schedule and those first 9 monster games, my goal was 10 points- we still have a shot at that- even if we can get just 9, I will gladly take it.

Point is, things could be much, much worse. I am not worried at all about the defense or Pekka- we just have to hope that somehow, someway we start finding some offense- 11 shots on goal in 3 periods is not going to cut it.

Maybe the W will get it going.........

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
Our offense sucks but I can't complain too much with their (L.a.) lone goal being one lucky ass deflection off the back glass. Rinne deserved the W tonight. The team needed this very badly.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
The kings are 2-2-2 and we are 2-2-3. Talent wise so much better then us yet we are close in standings. Sharks are next and they are red hot and undefeated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad